TF360 Status

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF360 Status

Post by terriblefire »

the one that makes it to workbench... give the whole thing ten mins running then try it... i've no idea why but it seems to help.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:49 pm
8 Bit Dreams wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:44 pm Guy's try traco power TSR 2-2433

Mouser number: 495-TSR2-2433
2A and no heat at all...
That looks good. Im just slightly concerned about the size of it. i.e. will it be too big to let a user install a TF360.
I think it should be OK, it's only 1cm tall, which is less than the IDE connector with the cable plugged in.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

try gluing a heatsink to that regulator... that might get your rev 6 working.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I found this one, which is cheaper than the one Viktor suggested and it does the same thing:

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/e ... =303073267

Plus it's smaller in footprint. I am going to order it and try.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Pinout is different to the Tf360 pins at present.
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:33 pm Pinout is different to the Tf360 pins at present.
I know... but it seems that this is the most common pinout for these types of regulators. I'll rewire it externally.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok. I’ll look into re wiring the board too
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Did a little bit of work on the board tonight. I have managed to get IDE working faster although i've seen a couple of lock ups too but im not sure if those are related to my change as the whole rig is a bit unsteady. Will monitor. I have sent AlenPPC my latest firmware.

Basically I realized you cannot run IDE at 80Mhz the way we've been doing it so added something i didnt want to add as a test..

Essentially when the CPU talks to FASTRAM it runs at 78Mhz (or its cache), When it talks to the Amiga it runs at 14Mhz. When it talks to the IDE interface it runs at 46Mhz. Which seems to work ok with the few cf cards i've tested.

I noticed one thing though. The CF card image supaduper sent me gets 3.5Mb/sec out of DH0: DH2: and DH3: but twice that from DH1... filesystem?
———
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

just checked my DH1 in Winuae and yes I must have left the max transfer setting from an another setup, its saying ffffff should be x1fe00 , which is odd as the filesystem is PFS3-aio lastest ver 19.2, and the max transfer really should not matter what setting is there as PFS3 will normally overide/handle that automatically, hmm strange,

go into HDtools in in Prefs/Tools and change the Max transfer to ffffff ( must hit enter after inputting otherwise will not accept it ) see if does the same for DH0
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

supaduper wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:49 pm go into HDtools in in Prefs/Tools and change the Max transfer to ffffff ( must hit enter after inputting otherwise will not accept it ) see if does the same for DH0
cant see hdtool under prefs anywhere .
———

Return to “TF360”