REV H1 information and interest

Topic for users to share their building progress.
alienkidmj12

Re: REV H1 information and interest

Post by alienkidmj12 »

Interested in supporting any new boards, so put me on the list please.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

alienkidmj12 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 pm Interested in supporting any new boards, so put me on the list please.
wietze wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 pm Please note me down for 1 board. This will keep me busy during the non-demo-coding days :)
Added to the list :) :thumbup:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
btl

Post by btl »

Hi there,

please sign me up for one H1 Board.

greets,
btl (aka Beetle)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

btl wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:29 pm Hi there,

please sign me up for one H1 Board.

greets,
btl (aka Beetle)
Added to the list :)
derkom

Post by derkom »

You can put me down for one. Life has thrown me a couple of curveballs that derailed my efforts working on the board Atarian Computing bequeathed to me, although I have recently found time to get back to working on it. It's not booting yet, and I think I've gotten myself kind of lost in attempting to redo the video out without the un-f*ck board, so maybe I will end up starting over with a Rev. H anyway. ;)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

derkom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm You can put me down for one. Life has thrown me a couple of curveballs that derailed my efforts working on the board Atarian Computing bequeathed to me, although I have recently found time to get back to working on it. It's not booting yet, and I think I've gotten myself kind of lost in attempting to redo the video out without the un-f*ck board, so maybe I will end up starting over with a Rev. H anyway. ;)
:thumbup: Added to the list
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

derkom wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm You can put me down for one. Life has thrown me a couple of curveballs that derailed my efforts working on the board Atarian Computing bequeathed to me, although I have recently found time to get back to working on it. It's not booting yet, and I think I've gotten myself kind of lost in attempting to redo the video out without the un-f*ck board, so maybe I will end up starting over with a Rev. H anyway. ;)
There is a huge long mod thread of all the updates which need doing. I not idea how far that board got overall ? May be worth staring your own blog on it ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
derkom

Post by derkom »

exxos wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:48 pm
There is a huge long mod thread of all the updates which need doing. I not idea how far that board got overall ? May be worth staring your own blog on it ?
Oh, there is a thread. I've done quite a bit since the last post there, and will update shortly.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Just posting some progress on the H2 board. It's been a job of manually routing the address and data lines between the CPU, Blitter, GLUE, MMU and ROM to help with the overall auto routing. In the process of manually routing it became apparent that routing in the Cartridge port at the same time was pretty easy.

I have had to stop myself manually routing the whole board as each area I kept thinking - oh I could just add that bit, and that bit, and that bit :)

Although I have the lines routed I just need to do a cleanup pass to tidy up any areas that could be improved.

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 19.13.49.png
Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 19.13.49.png (224.88 KiB) Viewed 4093 times

Will run the auto router later today to see how the board looks.
kodak80

Post by kodak80 »

Icky wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 am Will run the auto router later today to see how the board looks.
I know you are very busy. Just wondering how the auto routing went?? Is it still running? :D
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”