New webstore URL (BETA TESTING)

News and information about the exxos store. Includes common questions and answers, plus information on new items for sale or items which will be coming off sale soon etc
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New webstore URL (BETA TESTING)

Post by exxos »

This is FF70 on my girlfriends PC..

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3671 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (6.23 KiB) Viewed 3671 times

Chrome 78
3.PNG
3.PNG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3671 times

Internet exploder 11
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3671 times
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
ari.tao

Post by ari.tao »

No, don´t have installed Chrome. I can check it with Explorer also, but probably it´s the same. I think it´s a scaling issue...
If I do it like Your girlfriend in the Capture.PNG did, then for me a magnifying glass woudn´t be enough, I´d need a microscope for reading the texts...
Falcon, TT & some more
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

ari.tao wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:28 am No, don´t have installed Chrome. I can check it with Explorer also, but probably it´s the same. I think it´s a scaling issue...
If I do it like Your girlfriend in the Capture.PNG did, then for me a magnifying glass wouldn't be enough, I´d need a microscope for reading the texts...
What monitor are you using ? If you scale to 90% and text is to small to read, then suggests you are likely more using a tablet screen not a monitor ? Even so, on my tablet using chrome, the screen scales, but there is to much information on the store page to really be compatible with tablets, so I don't really recommend it. If I remember rightly, there was some odd issues with other android browsers, but I don't remember which ones as I dont use any others.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
ari.tao

Post by ari.tao »

Monitor is the build in of my Laptop, a 17" ASUS. Don´t have any other PC (but a lot of Ataris).
Well, never mind, was just trying to help a little bit in improvement. Sorry if I failed.
Falcon, TT & some more
derkom

Post by derkom »

Do you perhaps have the Windows UI scaling turned up? See screenshot ...

scalingwindows10-100764460-large.jpg
scalingwindows10-100764460-large.jpg (30.32 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
ari.tao

Post by ari.tao »

There is no such menue System/Display in my Windows_8.1;
scaling in FireFox is 100%, see above; I´d like to have it 125% or even higher, but then horiz. scrolling is inevitable: no automatic text reformatting if frame is too narrow...
Falcon, TT & some more
derkom

Post by derkom »

This is what it looks like in 8.1 ...

Display.png
Display.png (39.48 KiB) Viewed 3647 times

Perhaps still not your problem, but worth looking into.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Cosmic Puppet wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:58 pm Looks great... I'll definitely be buying this now I trust the source. Will be this week. :)
Looks like everything worked out basically :thumbup: There was a couple of formatting issues on our end, but I just fixed those.
ari.tao

Post by ari.tao »

Well, @derkom , the magnifying in Win8 You pointed to is set to 150% (default). So, that´s really the reason: 150% of 1300 is a little more than 1920. As I suggested above already, 1280 instead of 1300 should fit nicely.
Seven other shops I know all can do 1920 without horiz. scrolling, some even can do so with less than 1920 by ´Fließtext´ (sorry, don´t know the english word for this).
I think, if exxos doesn´t want to adjust, we should end discussing scaling.
-------
@exxos , I will test Your new shop by an order in near future.
Btw., will there be a new batch of boosters for STe again?
Falcon, TT & some more
derkom

Post by derkom »

Sure, there certainly may be some tweaks that exxos could make to make the store work better with less horizontal real estate, that's obviously up to him. Just wanted to get to the bottom of why things were different for you, and that mystery is solved. :)

Return to “EXXOS WEBSTORE INFORMATION”