New Board TF536

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: New Board TF536

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:46 pm It is clear that releasing this as commercial product is out of the question.
Arkadiusz,
as Stephen said a lot of times - these projects are in no way a finished product that comes with a warranty, he just designs an easy to build cards and gives everyone an apportunity to do it at home.
If someone can't build it, yet wants to have one - he can buy it on Amibay usually, but Terrible Fire cards was never been commercial, You have to be willing to commit to it, and do a lot of work yourselves to let these cards work as You wish..

Even if you just have a stock machine, you have to be able to maintain and repair it, or pay others to do this job for You..
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:14 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:46 pm It is clear that releasing this as commercial product is out of the question.
Arkadiusz,
as Stephen said a lot of times - these projects are in no way a finished product that comes with a warranty, he just designs an easy to build cards and gives everyone an apportunity to do it at home.
If someone can't build it, yet wants to have one - he can buy it on Amibay usually, but Terrible Fire cards was never been commercial, You have to be willing to commit to it, and do a lot of work yourselves to let these cards work as You wish..

Even if you just have a stock machine, you have to be able to maintain and repair it, or pay others to do this job for You..
I guess I used wrong world for it.
It is not intended for wider audience. As an experimental board for someone to build it and play with, rather than daily use.

Edit:
I think I did see tf530 on sale in one of the shops?
https://amigastore.eu/702-terrible-fire-530.html
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
kludge

Post by kludge »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:23 pm I think I did see tf530 on sale in one of the shops?
https://amigastore.eu/702-terrible-fire-530.html
The TF530 and TF534 are released and can be built. They are probably best described as boards for enthusiasts, I believe. Many has been built, and many buyers are loving them as far as I can tell, but there are still issues with some compatibility that will probably never be worked out.
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Amiga people dont get the distinction between commercial product and experimental board. They think that if they pay money (i.e. more than £5) for something they have the right to turn up at my house and demand i fix it for them. Unlimited support comes from spending £5 in these peoples eyes.

The TF536 is dead unless i suddenly find i've got a tonne of free time to figure out the issue. #jaded
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 pm Amiga people dont get the distinction between commercial product and experimental board. They think that if they pay money (i.e. more than £5) for something they have the right to turn up at my house and demand i fix it for them. Unlimited support comes from spending £5 in these peoples eyes.

The TF536 is dead unless i suddenly find i've got a tonne of free time to figure out the issue. #jaded
Sorry, keep forgetting about Amiga community...
~ Stanislaw Lem
kludge

Post by kludge »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 pm Amiga people dont get the distinction between commercial product and experimental board. They think that if they pay money (i.e. more than £5) for something they have the right to turn up at my house and demand i fix it for them. Unlimited support comes from spending £5 in these peoples eyes.

How hard can it be to realize that this is a hobbyist project and not a commercial one? If someone, an individual or a company, decides to build and sell them, _they_ are the ones that are obligated to give support for it, not you. I mean, you could (and have) listen to bug reports/problems and fixed some of them, but you are not obligated to. The released boards are what they are, and it would only be a bonus if they get better or get new features.

I feel your pain.
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
kludge

Post by kludge »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:32 pm Sorry, keep forgetting about Amiga community...
Yeah... One tends to believe people should be rational. Then the Amiga community comes along 😄

My lack of focus:
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kludge wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:35 pm
How hard can it be to realize that this is a hobbyist project and not a commercial one? If someone, an individual or a company, decides to build and sell them, _they_ are the ones that are obligated to give support for it, not you. I mean, you could (and have) listen to bug reports/problems and fixed some of them, but you are not obligated to. The released boards are what they are, and it would only be a bonus if they get better or get new features.

I feel your pain.
I guess its the mindset that comes when people are still using these machines as their main computer. New boards are products they've been waiting for. its really ground me down.

I often get shouted down for not being able to take criticism when most of the time thats not what i'm getting. I'm getting told what to do. That's not criticism. Thats somewhere between bullying and manipulation.

If people want to tell me what to do i'm fine with that... it costs £50 an hour. Then i'll do what you say. Otherwise i'll do what i like when its my buck. Whether its good or bad.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
kludge

Post by kludge »

Mhm. People sitting and waiting for the Amiga to make a comeback. As if. Makes me mad 😄

My lack of focus:
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

kludge wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:48 pm Mhm. People sitting and waiting for the Amiga to make a comeback. As if. Makes me mad 😄
Yes, and it wouldn't be able to compete even with £35 - Raspberry Pi board...
~ Stanislaw Lem

Return to “TF536”