New Board TF536

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

go0se

Re: New Board TF536

Post by go0se »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 pm If people want to tell me what to do i'm fine with that... it costs £50 an hour. Then i'll do what you say. Otherwise i'll do what i like when its my buck. Whether its good or bad.
Now we're talking! Let's have a whip-round and get this TF536 across the line !!!

My confidence in the rock solid base design of the TF330 predicts ten hours of dedicated debugging will flush out those nagging issues + another £100 on top to get AlenPPCs full Amiga test setup shipped from Canada to Scotland.

£50 pledge, you get to choose the value of a decoupling capacitor.
£100 pledge gets your name on the silk screen ( 8 character limit, sorry Arkadiusz ! )
£200 pledge, you get to choose the colour of the first batch of PCBs.
£500 pledge, A special edition board named in your honour and in the colour of your choice.

Please note: This post is in no way, endorsed, approved or likely to be in any way acceptable to TerribleFire. It is intended to provide some humorous light relief following the sad demise of the TF536 :cry:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

10 hours to debug a 060 board ? What about respin of boards time and cost as well. It be more like a 6 month full time job. The 060 is nothing like a 030 cpu either.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

kludge wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:48 pm Mhm. People sitting and waiting for the Amiga to make a comeback. As if. Makes me mad 😄
I know, this baffles me. There is a fine and healthy successor to the Amiga that sells well and performs well, that has been available for decades.
It's called the PC and can even run your Amiga software for you if you want it to, easier than it can play early PC software (I tried installing quake from original cd recently :/ )

I've been into retro games for a long time and really support the cause, but the Amiga community has more than its fair share of fruitbats that use them as daily drivers and will steadfastly claim them to be the future of computing and the best machines ever made. These are the guys that sadly cause the most problems in the scene, the space cadets.
utri007

Post by utri007 »

People should admit that Amiga is hobby, not a every day computer. People should be happy what they have got and not to have unrealistic expectations. At least unrealistic expectations should not turn in action, like driving to Stephens house. :D

I'm not innocent either, I have asked Stephen to support CDTV, but for my defense, I'm prety sure that if Stephen doesn't fix issues, nobody does. There is too few CDTVs around it to be interesting and fixing requires much knowledge and skills.
simon.robinson

Post by simon.robinson »

go0se wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:50 am
terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 pm If people want to tell me what to do i'm fine with that... it costs £50 an hour. Then i'll do what you say. Otherwise i'll do what i like when its my buck. Whether its good or bad.
Now we're talking! Let's have a whip-round and get this TF536 across the line !!!
Can I sponsor the ground plane? Unphased.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

You guys... :lol: :lol:
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

simon.robinson wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:42 am Can I sponsor the ground plane? Unphased.
I like that one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now we have only three layers left :!:
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
Firstaid2006

Post by Firstaid2006 »

I now have the tf536 install with a cf card in a 500+ with 3.1 rom chips. Will an EIDE99 4 port ide interface work with the tf536 as I would like to add a cd drive and an external cf card

Return to “TF536”