Noob building a TF534

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Lynxman

Re: Noob building a TF534

Post by Lynxman »

WHDLoad seems to be quite the chore to get installed. The only computer I have with a CF adapter is my old linux laptop so I'll have to wait until I get a USB adapter for the CF card to do it in Windows.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Lynxman wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:00 pm WHDLoad seems to be quite the chore to get installed. The only computer I have with a CF adapter is my old linux laptop so I'll have to wait until I get a USB adapter for the CF card to do it in Windows.
I use a basic off amazon cf card reader and WinUAE to do everything. Works perfectly. Almost zero setup. Getting WHDLoad installed is a little slow but I am looking to automate this in future
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:05 pm
Lynxman wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:00 pm WHDLoad seems to be quite the chore to get installed. The only computer I have with a CF adapter is my old linux laptop so I'll have to wait until I get a USB adapter for the CF card to do it in Windows.
I use a basic off amazon cf card reader and WinUAE to do everything. Works perfectly. Almost zero setup. Getting WHDLoad installed is a little slow but I am looking to automate this in future
BTW, I'm the one who suggested acetone welding your A1000 keyboard key on Youtube.

I used acetone to weld a broken tab on a SEGA Game Gear battery cover today. It even works on something that has to flex like this. Apply Acetone to both sides, hold together and then let it sit for a while. Then come back later and swab the area around the joint with more acetone and let it rest for a few hours before loading.

I also welded on that little motherboard retension tab on the A500 bottom case like this.
Attachments
Gamegear11.jpg
Gamegear11.jpg (33.54 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
Gamegear12.jpg
Gamegear12.jpg (51.83 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
dalek

Post by dalek »

I can highly recommend HSTWB for this: https://hstwb.firstrealize.com/

It will completely and correctly set up your card. You can follow the guides to download all of WHDLoad from the EAB google drive in one go, then get the HSTWB scripts to install everything automatically. I don't know why everyone isn't doing this - the amount of work that guy has put in to automating everything is impressive!
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

Thanks.
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

I reflowed everything and reprogrammed the CPLD's but It behaves the same with the same games. It seems fine when I run a slow fastmem test with Diagrom.
Amiga27.jpg
Amiga27.jpg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
Diagrom reports "KBFast: 4096", but if I select option 6 "Complete Memorydetection" is changes it to 16 MB. lol It did this before I reflowed as well.
Amiga28.jpg
Amiga28.jpg (56.99 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
If I run tests of all those RAM addresses they run without errors. What is up?
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Seems You have issues with Your ram,
it is detected as several chunks,
should be at one piece
Check ram cpld and RAM chips
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

No that's normal and a bug with Diagrom.
Mine shows the same values.

Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

Thanks. That's what I suspected.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Really?
Wich version of DiagROM is it?
Wondering is Chucky aware of this bug...
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”