TF Riser Revision 0 Arrives

TF CD32 Riser

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF Riser Revision 0 Arrives

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:26 pm I had issues with USB, before I realised that I ordered 22nF instead of 22pF capacitors for oscillator circuit, which is required for USB to work, as on internal default clock there is 16MHz only.

Now I can see that APPLICATION_START and APPLICATION_DISCONNECT are being generated on connecting/disconnecting devices but I always get HID_UNKNOWN.
There is still something not 100% right, but ... small steps in the right direction.

let me push my current code.

EDIT: done. Including a JED.

Note that this doesnt work yet for mouse but does for keyboard.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Thank you.

I can see the same issue. It stops on APPLICATION_START and HOST_ENUMERATION.

I suspect that oscillator circuit is not right.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

I am sorry TF, can't make it register usb hid I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I can configure and use all peripherals except usb host hid.

I have changed stm32 chip just in case, and it is the same.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:02 pm I am sorry TF, can't make it register usb hid I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Keep in mind it takes about 200 times round the loop to make it register.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

terriblefire wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:01 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:02 pm I am sorry TF, can't make it register usb hid I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Keep in mind it takes about 200 times round the loop to make it register.
Still no luck. I was waiting for like 5 minutes.

I started to read more about usb stack and usb hid library on their st community and I can see more and more issues with it.
I think my hardware is ok, I need to look at my toolchain :/

I keep seeing USBH_FAIL as well.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Maybe try a different device?
———
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

terriblefire wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:21 pm Maybe try a different device?
I went through like 4 or 5 devices different HID, 2 mice, 3 keyboards, unsuccessfully.

Saying that I managed to configure everything to work on f407 dev board. Learning quite a lot on the way. Confirming that definitely I messed up the build (don't know how, but I am quite talented in that matter).

Now I have some platform to work on, as it is the same hid library library, I can try to implement class for controllers, and glue it together when I will get one working riser or HID2AMI etc.

Would you consider chip change in latter revisions? for example for f730 - budget range £3.50 on (M7 218Mhz, 200kb RAM, 64kb flash) then we would have option of two USB OTGs one High Speed and Fast Speed, which might be an option instead of adding another arm chip or moving to more complex ARM + USB setup?
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:15 pm I went through like 4 or 5 devices different HID, 2 mice, 3 keyboards, unsuccessfully.

Saying that I managed to configure everything to work on f407 dev board. Learning quite a lot on the way. Confirming that definitely I messed up the build (don't know how, but I am quite talented in that matter).

Now I have some platform to work on, as it is the same hid library library, I can try to implement class for controllers, and glue it together when I will get one working riser or HID2AMI etc.

Would you consider chip change in latter revisions? for example for f730 - budget range £3.50 on (M7 218Mhz, 200kb RAM, 64kb flash) then we would have option of two USB OTGs one High Speed and Fast Speed, which might be an option instead of adding another arm chip or moving to more complex ARM + USB setup?
I'm happy to change the chip if there isnt too much support change (i.e. crystals, jumpers etc).

But i do think there is definitely merit in using the MAX chip from MiST. Maybe revision 1 can have both options?
———
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

terriblefire wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:03 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:15 pm I went through like 4 or 5 devices different HID, 2 mice, 3 keyboards, unsuccessfully.

I'm happy to change the chip if there isnt too much support change (i.e. crystals, jumpers etc).

But i do think there is definitely merit in using the MAX chip from MiST. Maybe revision 1 can have both options?
Looked at datasheet of f105 and f730 pinout of LQFP64 package there is small difference only on pins 25-30 and different markings on Vss. So unfortunately it would not be direct replacement, but I don't think it would be major change. Can't see any requirement difference for oscillators (but I know shit about it, but Kier Fraser Greaseweezel works on 8Mhz crystal - Pierce oscillator circut), boot1, PB9 etc are in the same spot. They provided compatibility sheet in docs, but not for f10x series but only for f4x1 and F405/F415 series.
This would give second USB port basically for free. Just a thought.

MAX chip could be easier as porting code from MiST might be actually the quickest.

Another suggestion. By having access to PB6 and PB7 you could provide another mean of programming the chip (and way of getting serial feedback), just by adding GND and 5V next to it could help a little. This would allow of programming chip by USB FS port (need of USB A - USB A cable), serial via PB6 and 7 or ST-LINK SW.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:37 pm
Looked at datasheet of f105 and f730 pinout of LQFP64 package there is small difference only on pins 25-30 and different markings on Vss. So unfortunately it would not be direct replacement, but I don't think it would be major change. Can't see any requirement difference for oscillators (but I know shit about it, but Kier Fraser Greaseweezel works on 8Mhz crystal - Pierce oscillator circut), boot1, PB9 etc are in the same spot. They provided compatibility sheet in docs, but not for f10x series but only for f4x1 and F405/F415 series.
This would give second USB port basically for free. Just a thought.

MAX chip could be easier as porting code from MiST might be actually the quickest.

Another suggestion. By having access to PB6 and PB7 you could provide another mean of programming the chip (and way of getting serial feedback), just by adding GND and 5V next to it could help a little. This would allow of programming chip by USB FS port (need of USB A - USB A cable), serial via PB6 and 7 or ST-LINK SW.
Sure. Can you sketch out the circuit you want.
———

Return to “TF CD32 Riser”