The TF1260 rev1 arrives!!! Oh boy!

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

supaduper

Re: The TF1260 rev1 arrives!!! Oh boy!

Post by supaduper »

what`s with this OS.39 problem guys ?

do you mean it`s a no boot situation ?, and is it a vanilla system with no boing addons or the CWB version
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

go0se wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:42 am Managed to boot the card to Diagrom using this Heath Robinson 3.3V "power source" constructed with parts salvaged from an old TV. At least now I know I'm on the right track.

I promise I won't use it again. :oops:
LOL. what the hell man :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Guys, I'm now AFK more or less until 8th March.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Have a great time Steve, and no buzzing the Whitehouse dude !! :lol:
richx

Post by richx »

Exciting to see all these builds, look forward to building one!

Too bad Alliance doesn't offer their 3.3v SDRAMs in 1024Mb densities for an easy 256MB of memory.. Not sure if there is there room on the backside of the card for pads for an optional 2 more 512Mb chips?

MMU having to be switched off was mentioned earlier. Are MMU and 060 burst memory items left for the bitstream?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

richx wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:49 pm Exciting to see all these builds, look forward to building one!

Too bad Alliance doesn't offer their 3.3v SDRAMs in 1024Mb densities for an easy 256MB of memory.. Not sure if there is there room on the backside of the card for pads for an optional 2 more 512Mb chips?

MMU having to be switched off was mentioned earlier. Are MMU and 060 burst memory items left for the bitstream?
MMU works perfectly. Burst is a 5 min job to sort.

More ram is not needed and there is no room for more pads. If more ram is *REALLY* needed then we'll put DDR on there.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Tried OS3.9. The only issue is the exec.library. If the updated one is loaded, it reboots to a purple screen. However, adding SKIPROMUPDATES exec.library, then it boots normally. The SCSI device is not an issue (I don’t think), you just can't load the A600 version for some reason.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:22 pm Tried OS3.9. The only issue is the exec.library. If the updated one is loaded, it reboots to a purple screen. However, adding SKIPROMUPDATES exec.library, then it boots normally. The SCSI device is not an issue (I don’t think), you just can't load the A600 version for some reason.
Ok that indicates either something bad somewhere.

I wonder if its possible to produce an actual 3.9 rom?
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:40 pm
alenppc wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:22 pm Tried OS3.9. The only issue is the exec.library. If the updated one is loaded, it reboots to a purple screen. However, adding SKIPROMUPDATES exec.library, then it boots normally. The SCSI device is not an issue (I don’t think), you just can't load the A600 version for some reason.

You can... it’s a bit laborious, but there is a tutorial somewhere online. The problem is that it has to be a 1mb rom since it doesn’t fit in 512k, so I never really bothered. John says no issues on 3.1.4 however.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:36 pm
terriblefire wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:40 pm

You can... it’s a bit laborious, but there is a tutorial somewhere online. The problem is that it has to be a 1mb rom since it doesn’t fit in 512k, so I never really bothered. John says no issues on 3.1.4 however.
Feels like the CD32 is where we need to test this. Its brother the TF360 has the same firmware.
———

Return to “TF360”