Limited TF536 Run - Sort of Sales (All gone)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

PhilC

Re: Limited TF536 Run - Sort of Sales (All gone)

Post by PhilC »

Quick update, my issue was with the cpu. It runs fine in a TF534 at 33mhz and is marked as a 50 but its obviously not.

That's for the suggestion @terriblefire .
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

PhilC wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:16 pm Quick update, my issue was with the cpu. It runs fine in a TF534 at 33mhz and is marked as a 50 but its obviously not.

Yeah, that's very common. I have a box full of 68030 CPUs that won't run at 50, no idea what to do with them.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 pm
PhilC wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:16 pm Quick update, my issue was with the cpu. It runs fine in a TF534 at 33mhz and is marked as a 50 but its obviously not.

Yeah, that's very common. I have a box full of 68030 CPUs that won't run at 50, no idea what to do with them.
Send me a couple and i'll see if i can make a firmware for them.

Off to North America in the morning :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

It's actually a 33mhz cpu that's in the TF536 which I think is really ironic but I do also have a ceramic genuine 50 as well but since that 33 works, its staying put :D
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

A quick question @terriblefire , @agranlund managed to get the TF534 working great on the ST by tweaking the addresses for ram, IDE, etc. Will the firmware be tweaked at any point for the TF536? Its presently sat in my A500+ but I'd love to build a few more of these for a couple of my Ataris when you release the next batch.

P.s. well done with this board, it's so much easier to build than the 534 and 530.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PhilC wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:49 pm A quick question @terriblefire , @agranlund managed to get the TF534 working great on the ST by tweaking the addresses for ram, IDE, etc. Will the firmware be tweaked at any point for the TF536? Its presently sat in my A500+ but I'd love to build a few more of these for a couple of my Ataris when you release the next batch.

P.s. well done with this board, it's so much easier to build than the 534 and 530.
If i had a set of @agranlund's patches i could incoroprate those into the 536 build process and always produce an ST version.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Crumb

Post by Crumb »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:07 pm I'll put an order of 50 in one China settles down.
I missed previous batch and I hope this time I can have at least one pcb :-)
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

JLC have resumed production of 4 layer boards as of 21 Feb :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Danoo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:15 pm JLC have resumed production of 4 layer boards as of 21 Feb :D
I'm sitting about 5000 miles from home with a lot on my plate at the moment so probably wont get a chance to finish the updates to this board that i want to for a couple of weeks.
———
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

I've been testing my board on an A500+ today with a few different drives etc and can report that the length of the hard drive cable doesn't appear to be as critical on the TF536, I get the same transfer speeds and reliability with a 10 inch cable as I do with a 2" one.

What were you planning on changing on this @terriblefire as it seems to work great for me so far.

Return to “TF536”