My Channel

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: My Channel

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

darksun9210 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:49 pm Great stuff!
i was on target to do a CPL myself a few years ago, but i did the extended CAA medical test, as it turned out my vision - despite being 20/20 definition, had a hint of red/green colour blindness, and would limit me to only being insured to fly Cargo. i know passengers are "self loading cargo" but i decided to call it there and then if my only option was flying nights for DHL!

do the full medical if you have any slight doubts. it cost me £800 then, but effectively saved myself the cost of 18 months ground school.

awesome job though! :D :D :D
Talking about colour blindness...
I was in the middle of maritime navigation degree (mid 3rd year out of 5) when I had to do final medical which disqualified me from this job... on ground of partial colour blindness.
So yes, this is once of the reasons why I am in Scotland now...
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

darksun9210 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:49 pm Great stuff!
i was on target to do a CPL myself a few years ago, but i did the extended CAA medical test, as it turned out my vision - despite being 20/20 definition, had a hint of red/green colour blindness, and would limit me to only being insured to fly Cargo. i know passengers are "self loading cargo" but i decided to call it there and then if my only option was flying nights for DHL!

do the full medical if you have any slight doubts. it cost me £800 then, but effectively saved myself the cost of 18 months ground school.

awesome job though! :D :D :D
I would much rather fly Cargo than Passenger anyhow.
Passenger pilots are (to me at least) bus drivers of the sky.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Meh i never wanted to get paid for flying. Indirectly due to brexit i need to get a standalone US pilots license and it would cost the same to do a PPL or CPL and i would learn more from the CPL.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:25 pm Meh i never wanted to get paid for flying. Indirectly due to brexit i need to get a standalone US pilots license and it would cost the same to do a PPL or CPL and i would learn more from the CPL.
Oh I would love to learn to fly, however I see myself either crop dusting in the Midwest US, as a drink ravaged, cigar smoking misogynist , or flying around those game reserves in Africa dropping off supplies to explorers.
Neither are a reality, I would end up flying for shitehouse budget airline and hating myself.

It's a good job I wont learn to fly. My dreams are better off in my head.
ed_dream

Post by ed_dream »

Biplane by Richard Bach.

My dream...

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”