RJ's Attempt. Maybe he's going to finish this time!

Topic for users to share their building progress.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RJ's Attempt. Maybe he's going to finish this time!

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 pm @rubber_jonnie I didn't notice but you cheated :WTF: You created your own UnFu*kitBoard. :bravo:
@PaulJ I don't see it as cheating, more being proactive :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PaulJ wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:21 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:31 am

@PhilC Wow, amazing for me to be a step ahead of anyone with the H4!!
I'm with @Phil here. Haven't unf*cked the DMA yet but it works fine with the USatan with the jumpers. However the ultra satan is permanently parked with the MSTE. Not aware of a IDE interface for the MSTE so even though the USatan is 35% slower its really not noticeable during use. I will get around to performing the UNFu*ckit fix but its not a priority since I'm using IDE on those machines and its nice to see rubber jon ahead of the curve here. :) :) :)
Fair enough, my Cosmos does get shared around, but I figured why not make my own board, judt to see if I could :) Those not gates are bad for my ageing eyes, so bloody small! Thank god for the illuminated magnifier.
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:29 pm Fair enough, my Cosmos does get shared around, but I figured why not make my own board, judt to see if I could :) Those not gates are bad for my ageing eyes, so bloody small! Thank god for the illuminated magnifier.
rj, I believe I found a picture of you inspecting your work.. even with that little British hat. Only thing missing is the sports car which I'm sure is parked in the driveway.
eye.jpg
eye.jpg (30.92 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

@PaulJ

Next time I'm behind the magnifier, I'll try and get a selfie.

That can't be me because of the ponytail. Firstly, I don't have enough hair for a ponytail, and second,I don't have enough hair to dye it purple :)

Perhaps I should try and get a deerstalker hat, it would probably be a good look for me.

On an H4 note, looks like Midi is also working, so only the parport to test :)
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Wigs with pony tails are available...
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Ok, so I've pushed the button on H4 number 2! Board was ordered yesterday, the plan being that I have one that doesn't have any of the self induced bodges the current one has! I can also use the knowledge gained from no1 to do a nicer build.

I already have a donor lined up that has undiagnosed floppy disk problems, my old test board. H4 no1 will become my board for testing, and H4 no2 will then be permanantly cased so it can be used. I may even order some real unf*ckit PCBs to make the whole thing look a bit nicer :)

Fingers crossed I don't get held up by this damn virus.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Good luck with no.2 @rubber_jonnie . I need to order some dma unf*ck boards still.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PhilC wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:25 am Good luck with no.2 @rubber_jonnie . I need to order some dma unf*ck boards still.
I did make an unf*ck board, but it's a nasty little bugger and was a bit of an arse to make, and I'd really like to have a nice one to replace it with. Will have to get another order in with PCBWay, but will probably have to wait for a bit though and see if I want any other PCBs at the same time.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

@rubber_jonnie , your pretty hot right now with successful projects.. you need to strike while the iron is hot. :coffee:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PaulJ wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:34 pm @rubber_jonnie , your pretty hot right now with successful projects.. you need to strike while the iron is hot. :coffee:
@PaulJ For sure, but I need to be careful not to strike the hot iron, 'cause we all know where that leads!

Return to “MONGREL H4 USER BUILDS”