Steem site vanished ?!

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
exxos
Site Admin

Re: Steem site vanished ?!

Post by exxos » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:14 pm

I kinda find those sites just slow & annoying :( I'm more oldskool... URL - webpage - done!
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Petari

Post by Petari » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:28 pm

I don't think that he will now abandon Steem SSE further development. And that someone other take it over - that's not so simple. Would take months to just understand what he did, how, why ...
And of course, nobody prevent anyone to make self own Steem further development, another branch. I did myself couple smaller changes in Steem 3.2 . Mostly things what I needed for my developments + some error fixing, analog joystick emulation, separated volume controls for PSG and DMA audio ..
All it needs plenty of time. And I can understand when someone feels not being recognized for that. But some critic should be no problem, actually, it is often helpful. Of course, when is done with some care, time invested, in constructive way. Here, I don't see anything really bad said about SSE. So, why punishing whole community ? Even if it was something very negative ...

exxos
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Makes no sense to me.. I mean 1 post here is all it took.. what about all the 1000's of others on AF, why he not quit AF long time ago for same reasons ? Why is AF better than here ?? He will get a lot more BS on there than on here.. I'm sure he will continue SSE.. just pointless to remove website of it. Just annoys people and community.. there is enough of that already.

I don't see problem with what was written, if any moderators here did, we would have taken action, but he not email anyone about it, not reported the message, not contact to me about issues, nothing, just delete website without warning and leave.. that is simply not normal actions or behaviour.

Hes gone from not liking a single post, to basically not liking this forum, and not liking the host (me) either, even though he said he has no problem with me.. well obviously he must as he left my host ?! It accomplishes nothing but removing a well known website which people visited a lot. Now just another closed and lost site, gone like many others over the years. :roll: Surely the bigger picture is support for community if anything ? :roll:
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Smonson

Post by Smonson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:17 am

This is a real pity. Steven seems like a great guy and he helped me out with information in private as well as on the forum. I use Steem SSE for all my testing because it's an amazingly good piece of software. I feel bad that it was on my project's thread where this all went downhill.

exxos
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Smonson wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:17 am
This is a real pity. Steven seems like a great guy and he helped me out with information in private as well as on the forum. I use Steem SSE for all my testing because it's an amazingly good piece of software. I feel bad that it was on my project's thread where this all went downhill.
Yeah I have spoken to him the fair bit in the past about a few things, and the seem like a really decent guy to me.

I still don't get why he wouldn't just simply come to me if he felt so strongly about something here :shrug: I mean worst case, delete the post, and everyone moves on, really don't see what the problem is :( maybe just the straw which broke the camels back as the saying goes.. :shrug:

exxos
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:50 pm

saw this..
I will also stop posting at atari-forum, because the forum administrators didn't bother responding to a simple question. Waited two days. Got the message.

So the only internet site for Steem SSE is now sourceforge (here).
Development of Steem SSE goes on as this is my hobby.
In fact all this discouraging misery started after a real breakthrough in low-level video emulation, a dream yesterday, reality today, with some other great improvements planned.
posted this..
AF isn't a good place anymore, it's why I stopped posting there (and many others, there is a reason no hardware developers post there anymore!) I was tired of all the BS and started my own forum where people could have conversations without all the spam and arguments. I don't read much there anymore as to many posts and people annoy the hell out of me.

If you had a problem on my forum, you should have come to me about it, or another moderator, I picked them carefully and they will always help. I want everyone to be happy there. If it was just what troed said, I would delete the post if it bothered you that much. I didn't want anyone to "quit" like this and it annoys & upsets me that I have failed to keep the community together when it was my utmost aim to create a new friendly environment for people.

So I really wish you would re-consider deleting your site. It doesn't do anything but remove a established valuable resource. There are a lot of people who find your work invaluable and appreciate your efforts. As do I, I wrote GB6 in steem for example.

Post seems to have vanished, it was there earlier. So I tried..

Seems steven has a huge downer on the whole community not just here... Maybe he needs to take a break...

Zarchos

Post by Zarchos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 am

I do not think, to quote you, that HE needs to take a break.

I think that people who just do nothing, provide just nothing, should show more respect for his huge hard work.
He is the doer, remember.

I would consider your statement offensive, as though he is the culprit, or he is weak, or whatever ; which, to me, is certainly not the case.
The guy has balls, is fed up, and knows what is best for him.
Congrats ! That is the right way to act, very Latin, with a 'S.D .FF' to morons, to send them packing !
Just excellent.
I strongly approve that male, and not sissy behaviour.

I am sure it is not what you meant, Exxos, but it is the hidden meaning behind what you wrote. :(

Maeke

Post by Maeke » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:20 pm

read what exactly happened, he said it was triggered on this forum, but noone had shown him disrespect at this time, just talking about a missing feature in steam sse, while saying it was almost the best st emulator to date.
If i take too long to reply, sorry my cat is sleeping on my laps.

exxos
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Zarchos wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 am
I do not think, to quote you, that HE needs to take a break.
oh, who does then ? I hope that wasn't directed at myself.

Zarchos wrote:
I think that people who just do nothing, provide just nothing, should show more respect for his huge hard work.
He is the doer, remember.
I am trying to read that without insinuation on me..., but I find that a rather offensive remark, in particular here, where a lot of people are working very hard on many goals.
Zarchos wrote:
I would consider your statement offensive
I wasn't being offensive... People told me to take a break in the past.. I never offended by this.
Zarchos wrote:
as though he is the culprit, or he is weak, or whatever ; which, to me, is certainly not the case.
Nobody ever suggested he was weak. That seems to be your opinion, not mine.
Zarchos wrote:
Congrats ! That is the right way to act, very Latin, with a 'S.D .FF' to morons, to send them packing !
Just excellent.
I strongly approve that male, and not sissy behaviour.
So this is somehow my fault then ? I don't even play a part in the other forum anymore.. He quit there also.
Zarchos wrote:
I am sure it is not what you meant, Exxos, but it is the hidden meaning behind what you wrote. :(
huh ? There is no hidden meanings here. If he wants to quit, he can do so, I think huge mistake in this, as do many others. I tried my best to support him and resolve issues, he isn't interested. That is fact, from him, in his own words.

Steven Seagal

Post by Steven Seagal » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

exxos wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:50 pm
Post seems to have vanished, it was there earlier. So I tried..
Hi, your post is still there but you posted it twice, I just deleted a duplicate.

https://sourceforge.net/p/steemsse/blog ... n-website/
Seems steven has a huge downer on the whole community not just here... Maybe he needs to take a break...
They don't reply to my question, I leave, that's all. I'm not "cracking", just adapting to the situation.