STFM case remake

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STFM case remake

Post by Icky »

terriblefire wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:28 pm @Icky are you able to do large prints in like that in one hit? I'd be interested in an early version for my H4 if you are up for producing a small run?
Tried doing the first run of a case bottom today but ran into several printer issues. Hotend and extruder issues.

When I get this rolling I will do a small run but you will have to be behind @exxos and his pink case :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Icky wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:34 pm
terriblefire wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:28 pm @Icky are you able to do large prints in like that in one hit? I'd be interested in an early version for my H4 if you are up for producing a small run?
Tried doing the first run of a case bottom today but ran into several printer issues. Hotend and extruder issues.

When I get this rolling I will do a small run but you will have to be behind @exxos and his pink case :)
I'm in no rush. If there is a choice of colour that dark grey the falcon is would be my preference. Otherwise anything except the pink :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

I have been battling with my printer for the last couple of weeks as @exxos can attest, listening to my rants on finding root causes.

Any how this is the first full print starting to emerge on the Giant Panda of the case bottom part. its early days and I don't want to jinx it but its managed to get past the first couple of layers.

IMG_5305.jpeg
IMG_5305.jpeg (161.88 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I really love this.. Other than ask my favourite deity to smile on your project is there anything i can do to help?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

terriblefire wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:14 pm I really love this.. Other than ask my favourite deity to smile on your project is there anything i can do to help?
Thanks @terriblefire.

It's been a blast building this monster even with its annoying foibles.

At the moment the only thing I need is time which we don't get enough of and lots of crossed fingers this run works :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Icky wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:45 pm At the moment the only thing I need is time which we don't get enough of and lots of crossed fingers this run works :)
Know the feeling.

Make me a Falcon coloured case and i'll add DSP to the H5 :P
———
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:01 pm I have been battling with my printer for the last couple of weeks as @exxos can attest, listening to my rants on finding root causes.
Fingers crossed! :thumbup:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

terriblefire wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:05 am Make me a Falcon coloured case and i'll add DSP to the H5 :P
That has got to be worth trying! :thumbup:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

We had a failure. There were not enough crossed fingers.

Turns out someone went into the office and then left the door open with a draft that made the print warp at the edge resulting in a failure of the head hitting the edge in turn skewing the layers. Been working on the front enclosure door and chamber controller.

Well i have a nice Atari ST shaped placemat now.
JezC

Post by JezC »

:( :chairsmack: :headbang: :cussing: :awwww:

Return to “3D MODELS”