TF536 Memory testing Issue

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Homer79

TF536 Memory testing Issue

Post by Homer79 »

I've built my TF536 board, can run frontier, sysinfo, stunt car racer for over 2hrs without a problem.
I've flashed it with the latest firmware on github.

I thought I would let amiga test kit do a few rounds of memory testing, but it gets to around 30MB then throws
up an exception error. Usually it gives a memory error and i've not seen this one before, so not sure what it means.
I've checked it with my USB microscope and cant see anything wrong.
I haven't checked it with diagrom yet, as it was 11 O'clock last night and thought I would wait till later tonight to
work on it again. I didnt want to start poking at with soldering iron again incase I broke it.

If anyone can offer any clue as to why amiga test kit gets this error, would be most helpful.
Attachments
exception.jpg
exception.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
sysinfo.jpg
sysinfo.jpg (77.1 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
tf536.jpg
tf536.jpg (78.67 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF536 Memory testing Issue

Post by terriblefire »

Are you running AmigaTestKit from floppy? If not do that... otherwise it will be trashing the MMU tables.

Check in diagrom too
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

As Stepthen said it`s MMU conflicting with SYstest , it`s the same for the TF330 when I ran it ages ago, as you have run those demos for a good period I will say your build is good to go :)
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

Its running the latest version from floppy, as I haven't attached the IDE yet. I was just checking the
everything was working before I went further. I'll check with diagrom later on.

regards
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Homer79 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am Its running the latest version from floppy, as I haven't attached the IDE yet. I was just checking the
everything was working before I went further. I'll check with diagrom later on.

regards
I would check A25 is connected properly to the CPLD
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

I found my diagrom chip, I had to do a manual memory scan, as it didnt start scanning where the memory is located.
I did a fast scan, which completed all ok. Its doing a slow scan now, I shall let you know when its finished.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Are you sure your CPU is genuine? A reprinted Chinese CPU will crash spectacularly during memory testing.
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

I've never had any trouble with it in my TF530 & TF534 and thats always passed its memory tests.
Diagrom has tested around 54MB so far without reporting any problems. so its rather strange.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Homer79 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:53 pm I've never had any trouble with it in my TF530 & TF534 and thats always passed its memory tests.
Diagrom has tested around 54MB so far without reporting any problems. so its rather strange.
DiagROM has gaps in its ram checks and never executes code from fastram.

TF530 and TF534 have a completely different approach to the 536 which is basically a 330 for for the A500.
———
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

Hi, It completed the test absolutely fine, I can manually alter the fastram anywhere in the address range and no crashes happen.
I've done it around every address line value and its working fine. I will try it later on with an EC 030 and see if its the MMU

Return to “TF536”