Ready built ST536 Atari version. Any Interest?

All about the ST536 030 ST booster.
PhilC

Re: Ready built TF536 Atari version. Any Interest?

Post by PhilC »

I've got the first two TF536s on test with the Atari firmware. Once I'm happy with their reliability they will be available to buy.

I've been testing them so far using EmuTOS and Gembench running from TT ram and they are both looking good.

Both boards have been built without the IDE buffers but work fine with a 16gb CF card in EmuTOS.

I'll probably build myself one next with the IDE buffers and check how they perform.

I'm thinking that future cards will be available with a choice of EC and Full CPU, optional ide buffers and maybe with preconfigured CF cards.

As said previously, I've also been working on a cpu relocator board for the STFM, so watch this space.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Cyprian

Post by Cyprian »

does it fit into short 520ST?
Lynx I / Mega ST 1 / 7800 / Portfolio / Lynx II / Jaguar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
DDD HDD / AT Speed C16 / TF536 / SDrive / PAK68/3 / Lynx Multi Card / LDW Super 2000 / XCA12 / SkunkBoard / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
http://260ste.atari.org
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Cyprian wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:38 pm does it fit into short 520ST?
I don't have an ST but looking at @agranlund s build with the TF534 inside it looks like it may fit.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

PhilC wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 pm I don't have an ST but looking at @agranlund s build with the TF534 inside it looks like it may fit.
Both the TF534 and TF536 fits fine in my ST.
You'd need to raise it up a bit with extra sockets to clear the floppy connector but otherwise it fits like it was designed to go in this machine :)

I have motherboard, socket, blitter board, socket, socket, TF53x but you don't need to raise it that high to clear the floppy connector - I have probably at least one socket worth of space between the TF53x and the floppy connector now.
In fact, it's easier if you don't because on my setup I am pointing the IDE connector downward else the keyboard wont fit :)
arf

Post by arf »

Definitely interested in a TF536 for my 520ST
--
Against signature spam!
Atarian Computing

Post by Atarian Computing »

Sign me up for a TF536 please.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@arf @Atarian Computing will do, just need to aquire some more parts, the building is the quick bit, it's everything else that takes a while.
derkom

Post by derkom »

I'm still interested in one as well, but it kind of depends on how many of these things you want to be building. I've got two birdseed boards already, and the parts to build them up, just not the time at the moment. I would like to get a built board if you're up for making another, but I don't need to over-stress you. :lol:
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@derkom I think I have enough parts to build one more at the minute and will then need to order some more, which will take a week or so as I've got to get some more CPUs.

I do have a rev 2 I can cannibalise to build a second but would rather leave that as is.

I guess it depends on who wants it first?
philbo34

Post by philbo34 »

What the difference in a rev 2 .
Any idea on costs get .

Return to “ST536 030 ST ACCELERATOR”