TF536 (ATARI) and Fastram and MiNT ...

Other boosters or variants.
frank.lukas

TF536 (ATARI) and Fastram and MiNT ...

Post by frank.lukas »

Can MiNT make use of the 64MB Fastram under TOS 2.06 ?

https://freemint.github.io/

... look at snapshot.
frank.lukas

Re: TF536 (ATARI) and Fastram and MiNT ...

Post by frank.lukas »

I looking for someone with a TF536 that can test it. EmuTOS works also fine with MiNT/XaAES.
frank.lukas

Post by frank.lukas »

When maprom can not work with MiNT I can do nothing with the TF536 ...

https://github.com/agranlund/tftools
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

Couldn't you just use 192kb version of EmuTOS?
You only need it for loading Mint from disk into ram anyway so even if that emutos lack desktop it doesn't matter
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Aww someone changed the subject line.. i wanted to see MiNT running on an Amiga... :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

Also youd could try just the fastram installer for tos206. Not sure it makes sense to put tos in ram anyway if it just going to boot into mint (which is going to be in ram)
Or is tos still in use even when mint is running?

I posted it in another thread but im not sure which one, @exxos might be able to help :)
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:17 pm Aww someone changed the subject line.. i wanted to see MiNT running on an Amiga... :)
Haha and I'm the opposite way around.. Casually Looking at Aros sources pondering how much work it would be bringing the superior OS to Atari :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

agranlund wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:27 pm
terriblefire wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:17 pm Aww someone changed the subject line.. i wanted to see MiNT running on an Amiga... :)
Haha and I'm the opposite way around.. Casually Looking at Aros sources pondering how much work it would be bringing the superior OS to Atari :)
I need to properly test this out on the cd32 at some point.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I never used MiNT (well maybe once 20 years ago :lol: ) . Though I assume it gets set with PRGFLAGS to run in alt-ram with NVDI. In which case TOS probably doesn't used for much, maybe DMA stuff I assume, where fast-ram isn't going to help with that anyway.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

frank.lukas wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:34 pm When maprom can not work with MiNT I can do nothing with the TF536 ...

https://github.com/agranlund/tftools
Try this as the first item loaded from your auto folder:
fastram.zip

It'll make sure TOS206 knows about the TF536 fastram, in case Mint is depending on TOS to provide that info instead of searching for the memory itself.
(I don't know much about Mint)
Or use EmuTOS to boot your machine and load Mint, in which case you don't need to do anything.

Maprom and Mint will most likely not work well together.
Mint rebuilds the MMU table for its memory protection stuff and that will completely trash the mapping that Maprom did to put ROM-TOS into Fastram.

But if you're running Mint, is ROM TOS used for anything much anyway? The kernel, xaaes etc will be running from fastram anyway..

If you absolutely want ROM-TOS in Fastram and it makes a difference even in Mint then you can solve that by loading either EmuTOS or 206 into fastram without using the MMU.
EmuTOS is the easiest. It's just a matter of recompiling it for this purpose. It's supported but not part of official releases.
For TOS206 there's the old TTRAMTOS program talked about in another thread.

But yeah, as far as I know it's early stages on the Atari still. I'm not sure if anyone got working IDE on the card yet?

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”