New guy from PL

New user? Tell us about yourself!
kamil.szarmach

New guy from PL

Post by kamil.szarmach »

Hi.
I'm not atari guy. Back in time we just read about atari st and used mostly amigas in my area (northern part of Poland). At age of 7 i decided that i wanna learn how to program and... i did it. I really loved that, but at 1996 i had to exchange my Amiga500 into PC SVGA display as i started getting money on my projects. So now when i'm successful programmer i got hit by nostalgia and got collection of wonderful 16bits i wanna use... to program software i always wanted to develop - games. Don't get me wrong - i know i can't do it professional way as it's hard to get decent money from this cake so creating something on Amiga/other 16bits is a great way to make childhood dreams true and don't get involved in this whole gamedev shit that is going around (crunches, bad attitude, bad money).

Why Atari forums?
1. TF cards
2. Got some old boxed games on fair so... i will need ST1040 or something like that
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New guy from PL

Post by rubber_jonnie »

:welcomewave:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Smonson

Post by Smonson »

Awesome. We have lots of hardware projects going on around here, but not enough software projects! I'm also a programmer myself.

Welcome to the forum - I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
JezC

Post by JezC »

:swave:

Welcome to the forum.

Always good to have more programmers as well as all the hardware guys!
Tomswork

Post by Tomswork »

:welcomewave:
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Hi
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
Steve

Post by Steve »

kamil.szarmach wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:55 pm Hi.
I'm not atari guy. Back in time we just read about atari st and used mostly amigas in my area (northern part of Poland). At age of 7 i decided that i wanna learn how to program and... i did it. I really loved that, but at 1996 i had to exchange my Amiga500 into PC SVGA display as i started getting money on my projects. So now when i'm successful programmer i got hit by nostalgia and got collection of wonderful 16bits i wanna use... to program software i always wanted to develop - games. Don't get me wrong - i know i can't do it professional way as it's hard to get decent money from this cake so creating something on Amiga/other 16bits is a great way to make childhood dreams true and don't get involved in this whole gamedev shit that is going around (crunches, bad attitude, bad money).

Why Atari forums?
1. TF cards
2. Got some old boxed games on fair so... i will need ST1040 or something like that
Welcome! If you are interested in writing a game for the ST, we are lucky to have a modern cross-compilation environment namely Atari Game Tools. Here is a forum thread about it, it is rather impressive! It gives you an advanced engine so you can just focus on the game development.
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31558
https://bitbucket.org/d_m_l/agtools/src/master/
https://www.youtube.com/user/doug694

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”