New guy from PL

New user? Tell us about yourself!
kamil.szarmach

New guy from PL

Post by kamil.szarmach » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi.
I'm not atari guy. Back in time we just read about atari st and used mostly amigas in my area (northern part of Poland). At age of 7 i decided that i wanna learn how to program and... i did it. I really loved that, but at 1996 i had to exchange my Amiga500 into PC SVGA display as i started getting money on my projects. So now when i'm successful programmer i got hit by nostalgia and got collection of wonderful 16bits i wanna use... to program software i always wanted to develop - games. Don't get me wrong - i know i can't do it professional way as it's hard to get decent money from this cake so creating something on Amiga/other 16bits is a great way to make childhood dreams true and don't get involved in this whole gamedev shit that is going around (crunches, bad attitude, bad money).

Why Atari forums?
1. TF cards
2. Got some old boxed games on fair so... i will need ST1040 or something like that

rubber_jonnie

Re: New guy from PL

Post by rubber_jonnie » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:07 pm

:welcomewave:
Collector of old Atari things:
800XL + Ultimate 1MB, 2x 1010 cassette, 1050 + Happy mod, 65XE (128k +APE Warp) & XC12, SIO2SD, 2600jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Atari 520ST (1Meg), 1040STF long button floppy, 2x 1040 STFMs + Gotek, 2x 4160STE with 32Mhz booster, ROM switcher, Mega ST1, Mega ST4, not to mention various bare ST boards for testing including a PAK 68/2 :)
Plus the rest..
Amiga stuff, Mac stuff, Sinclair stuff etc...
www.electronicnothingness.co.uk

Smonson
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by Smonson » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:14 pm

Awesome. We have lots of hardware projects going on around here, but not enough software projects! I'm also a programmer myself.

Welcome to the forum - I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

JezC
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by JezC » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:07 pm

:swave:

Welcome to the forum.

Always good to have more programmers as well as all the hardware guys!

Tomswork

Post by Tomswork » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:56 pm

:welcomewave:

arkadiusz.makarenko
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem

Steve

Post by Steve » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:12 pm

kamil.szarmach wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:55 pm
Hi.
I'm not atari guy. Back in time we just read about atari st and used mostly amigas in my area (northern part of Poland). At age of 7 i decided that i wanna learn how to program and... i did it. I really loved that, but at 1996 i had to exchange my Amiga500 into PC SVGA display as i started getting money on my projects. So now when i'm successful programmer i got hit by nostalgia and got collection of wonderful 16bits i wanna use... to program software i always wanted to develop - games. Don't get me wrong - i know i can't do it professional way as it's hard to get decent money from this cake so creating something on Amiga/other 16bits is a great way to make childhood dreams true and don't get involved in this whole gamedev shit that is going around (crunches, bad attitude, bad money).

Why Atari forums?
1. TF cards
2. Got some old boxed games on fair so... i will need ST1040 or something like that
Welcome! If you are interested in writing a game for the ST, we are lucky to have a modern cross-compilation environment namely Atari Game Tools. Here is a forum thread about it, it is rather impressive! It gives you an advanced engine so you can just focus on the game development.
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31558
https://bitbucket.org/d_m_l/agtools/src/master/
https://www.youtube.com/user/doug694
Repairs & Servicing for Atari & Amiga machines (and any other retro computers) Located in the West Midlands UK. PM me if you require assistance.
www.solidstatesociety.co.uk

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”