WIP Atari ST ScummVM-lite

Our top picks of ST games!
stephen_usher

Re: WIP Atari ST ScummVM-lite

Post by stephen_usher »

I've tried DotT and MI2 intros.

Still no music on the TT with DotT and still some text rendering issues, especially seen in the DotT intro, as you can see here:

https://youtu.be/D5GjY35nvrg
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
czietz

Post by czietz »

Also, Purple Tentacle isn't exactly -- well -- purple... :lol:
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

stephen_usher wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 pm I've tried DotT and MI2 intros.

Still no music on the TT with DotT and still some text rendering issues, especially seen in the DotT intro, as you can see here:

https://youtu.be/D5GjY35nvrg
Did you try a reboot after install? I noticed no sound or music until I had rebooted after first install (happened each time I've installed).
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

DotT has never had music on my TT. All the other ScummVM programs have music.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
kodak80

Post by kodak80 »

DotT music and speech works for me now I am using the files from GoG version extracted as per the instructions. All good now for me. :D
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Creator of the Atari ST Review magazine archive: https://www.chillichai.com/atari-st-review
Marsupilami

Post by Marsupilami »

Hi,

I tried DOT on my MegaSTE running @16Mhz with cache on, TOS206fr, 4Mb RAM, a MT-32 and a CosmosEx 3.0.
And it works really well.(ScummST, build 200709)
My Setup :
- A synology with a dedicated samba share.
- A cosmosEX connected via wifi to the Synology with the dedicated share mounted as a disk drive.

Here's the result (with my phone camera and sound):

Sorry you can ear the fan noise, although it's a noctua.

This is awesome :shock: 8-)

I found two "bugs" :
- The subtitles are strange during the "time travel" at 12"01
- The DMA sound is way too loud compared to the MT32 sound. If you want to hear the MT-32 music in the game, you have to push the volume to a really high level.
I noticed that the midi files on the games are playing lower than a standard midi file within TOS.
In the video i had to lower/raise the sound really often to be able to ear the MT-32 music.

So...Maybe there is a sound adjustment to do somewhere ?

But anyway..it's a WIP and a really nice one ! congratulations !
https://www.atarinside.com : Atari 800XL in Europe France/Italy/Benelux/Deutschland/UK White&Silver plastic boxes : Dumps, Videos, Books, reference list / + / as usual high resolution pictures of the Atari 800 XL motherboards.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

If you can hear the Noctua fan then you have the fan plugged in the wrong way around.
Marsupilami

Post by Marsupilami »

In fact i can't hear it.
But my phone seems to raise (normalize?) all the sounds when there is...none :) And the triPod was on the MSTE case so i think the vibrations were transmitted to the phone too.
https://www.atarinside.com : Atari 800XL in Europe France/Italy/Benelux/Deutschland/UK White&Silver plastic boxes : Dumps, Videos, Books, reference list / + / as usual high resolution pictures of the Atari 800 XL motherboards.
Steve

Post by Steve »

stephen_usher wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:07 pm If you can hear the Noctua fan then you have the fan plugged in the wrong way around.
I can here my noctua, but I have it on full speed & sucking air out of the PSU and out the Atari. Do you have yours on silent mode?
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

No, you need the airflow.

I can hear it if I put my head around the back of the machine, but otherwise it's one of my quietest (actively cooled) machines.

Return to “GAME ZONE”