End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Danoo

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by Danoo »

Wow, reading this just wrecked my Sunday morning :x , another wasted space individual imposes his power of selfishness to wreck the tireless work of a generous open source developer.

I just got back into the Amiga scene in the last 12 months, and building a TF534 and a few TF536s was an extremely
satisfying experience, all because of one terrific bloke in Glasgow, that decided to share his Amiga passion with us all, thank you Stephen. :thanksyellow:

I will be very skeptical of any Retro equipment purchased from the Polish region from now on, from my stand point I will certainly not be supporting anyone associated with the lowlife that has destroyed these great Amiga projects.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
adam

Post by adam »

Are we talking about this guy?
http://www.amibay.com/member.php?28060-bound
I may consider adding him to ignore list, if TF confirms.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yes.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
adam

Post by adam »

People, please ignore this moron: http://www.amibay.com/member.php?28060-bound
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

adam wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:52 am People, please ignore this moron: http://www.amibay.com/member.php?28060-bound
Done. I had enough of people like this on eBay, I don’t need them on amibay as well.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Well this has escalated. Former member here Paxo is threatening people here. I've reported bound to the Amibay moderators i know...

Basically i would pay attention to the sllkscreen on the open gerbers i release for the TF536 next week... There will be some things on there that will trigger Paxo and Bound. :)
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

kamil.szarmach wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 pm Piracy was eradicated in my country like 10 years ago. There are still some - just like in any another country, but it's not something we accept. So please don't throw torches on whole nation just because of few trolls who are doing it on purpose - just to raise fire.
Shipping stopped to Poland as terrible fire stated, due to many issues with posting. But some people escalated anger about this which caused all orders to get canceled. Nobody is going to do lots of work just to get trouble from people.

True its unfair to the good people out there, but where do you draw the line ? Less than 10 people.. Sure some people may complain about something, over 20 people ? Again if someone gives time and effort to free and gets 20+ people emailing abuse, nobody wants that. Sure innocent people get upset as well but what can we do ? We want to develop hardware not spend all day dealing with idiots. If people want us to deal with idiots, fine, I will sell every PCB for £100 and employ someone to deal with idiots. Some people expect to much from what is basically a hobby.

I took over worldwide shipping . for sure, if lots of packages go missing to Poland, I would also not ship there until then problem is resolved. But I also stated this in my store clearly that if people don't accept possible huge delays, then just don't order. What annoys me mostly is when people send me abuse over slow postal system.. I don't work for the postal company.. Some people never seem to understand that. Send anger to the postal companys not us!

So please don't get me wrong, this problem has indeed many issues, bad postal system to the odd asshole who wants to start a war over something we have no control over. If people want better service, then everything goes via courier and people pay £50+ for shipping of boards. Or have the cheaper options and have some patience and don't send developers abuse over things they have no control over.

Its also not unreasonable to not ship to some countries. I sometimes see items on eBay, and seller says no shipping to UK. Do I take offence at this ? No! Do I cause trouble and steal IP in revenge ? No! If the seller does not want to ship to UK then fine. There is no law about this, if there was eBay would not allow it.

Also as TF states, he let's me sell the boards to help fund running this forum and I even purchased a large PCB oven with the money made from the sales. So again some asshole takes away funds which keep this forum alive. Then if people start buying fake copies of some things all it does is destroy what little is left in active development by people like my self and TF.. But that asshole made some money for his own pockets ,so such people just don't care about anything else.

So I don't think anyone is throwing the torch at polish people themselves, it just seems to be majority of problems and abuse have come from polish people lately. This has escalated now because if some asshole who thinks its fine to steal and sell TFs work. I read some comments on ppa and seems a few asshole comments about calling TF a brat etc. What good does that do ?

I'm sure some people will take offence to what is said above, but if that's the case, you totally misunderstand the post. I am still shipping to Poland, so where's the problem ? There was just no need to steal TFs work whatsoever.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:36 am If i see them for sale on ebay i'll buy them and then paypal claim him for selling console mods.

@exxos will tell you all about that
Yep. Very easy to get shut down. IP theft will do it, mostly a tick of a box can get you shut down, happend to me. They even banned my mothers and girlfriends accounts, paypal / eBay won't ever investigate the case, appeal all you want, they don't care. Just run by a whole bunch of monkeys ticking boxes. Even though they are heavily regulated, they still manage to hold all my details even years later when I requested it removed many times. So I have no rights even in law. And people still deal with these companies...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Acill

Post by Acill »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 pm Ok so I really don’t think the Warp guys are behind this.

Firstly they’ve been very helpful with my hunt for the “purple” issue and secondly this granny flat will clone their boards in a heartbeat too.
Well at least that's good to know. Happy they are helpful in your work. I am still real pissed at this. WTF is the issue with that guy?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Danoo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am I will be very skeptical of any Retro equipment purchased from the Polish region from now on, from my stand point I will certainly not be supporting anyone associated with the lowlife that has destroyed these great Amiga projects.
:thumbup: well AFAIK I am the only distributor of the PCBs. Assembled ones are sold by some guys here and eBay..

This doesn't mean genuine boards are not out there, some polish people bulk buy to distribute locally, that's fine if they are taking pre-orders and the boards can be traced back to one of the official distributors. Of course boards without the logo are produced by a 3rd party... In case of TF536 they are stolen property. Other older designs were open source to the public to produce but of course do not have the logo as they were not produced by a official seller. @terriblefire please correct if this is not accurate.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”