Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Higgy

Re: Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Post by Higgy »

How easy is it to swap over the value chips (CPLD and RAM I imagine)?
Just thinking there can't be many 1260 and 360 out there (me being a TF360 beta owner), if we have to send the card back to you for updates then would it be worthwhile swapping to new PCB rev, then you don't have to worry about 'bound' boards slipping through the net etc. Remove those boards from circulation and forget about that old firmware.

Although I expect there are not going to be many firmware increments. If doing the post to update, I guess as beta owners it would be best to wait for a Final Firmware release.
I think I am 1 behind original beta release as I don't have RTC Notport working.

Cheers and hoping this week is better for you than the last. Many thanks.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Higgy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:43 am How easy is it to swap over the value chips (CPLD and RAM I imagine)?
Just thinking there can't be many 1260 and 360 out there (me being a TF360 beta owner), if we have to send the card back to you for updates then would it be worthwhile swapping to new PCB rev, then you don't have to worry about 'bound' boards slipping through the net etc. Remove those boards from circulation and forget about that old firmware.

Although I expect there are not going to be many firmware increments. If doing the post to update, I guess as beta owners it would be best to wait for a Final Firmware release.
I think I am 1 behind original beta release as I don't have RTC Notport working.

Cheers and hoping this week is better for you than the last. Many thanks.
Acutally.. TBH maybe its better to just give you new boards. @supaduper is proficient at swapping parts over and i'm happy to pay the difference to keep this bound guy out of the loop.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Hi Higgy

Yes no problem, as Stepthen says we can work something out for the Beta TF360 guys :)
chucky

Post by chucky »

Well it is not that hard to a sand/scan/reversejob it can be done in a weekend.. the 030 from commdore took me just like one day to do.

but yeah. "better safe than sorry" I guess yeah.
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

This all sounds like a positive move - ie. try and get perma bans on the respective forums. People need to follow GPL rules and respect open source projects like this. Also contacting JLPCB is a good move too. If PCB manufacturers realise what's going on here, it could help stop the problem.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

chucky wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 am Well it is not that hard to a sand/scan/reversejob it can be done in a weekend.. the 030 from commdore took me just like one day to do.

but yeah. "better safe than sorry" I guess yeah.
Of course it's not that hard to do if you are that way inclined, but the silkscreen is Stephens and the positioning is all too perfect.
This is 100% a gerber leak.

The most stupid thing in all of this is that he could have gotten away with it if he had kept the boards green and left the TF logo on.
Homer79

Post by Homer79 »

Getting copies of PCB's is pretty cheap and quick when you get it done in china. I got some done of some discontinued hardware for work. Just a little under $200 and supply two PCB's. Although it would be a little more for a 4 layer board.

They guarantee a 1:1 copy with a 99% accuracy. They email you a PDF of each layer, then when you accept they send you a Gerber zip.

Regards
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Even though the board doesn't really add up in this respect, I did wonder if the board was just simply photo shopped..

I find it odd theres basically no evidence of tracks on the thing.. could be low res or compression "fault" but ...

even with 90% compression tracks are still visible on my boards... But to get to that point you can clearly see it has gone blocky due to the compression, the 536 doesn't like low compression to the details should be pretty high...

jjglabiegenppaif.jpg
jjglabiegenppaif.jpg (25.37 KiB) Viewed 4525 times

His image isn't that blocky or bad... you can clearly see the motherboard tracks... the TF536 is higher up, closer to the cam.. theres nothing..

Zooming in it looks like there is a brush mark on top of the PLD, and a similar size one near where the logo should be..

celkaebnlmigfnfj.jpg
celkaebnlmigfnfj.jpg (34.95 KiB) Viewed 4525 times

As others have said, this looks like a Gerber leak, but as the tracks are visible on the motherboard only, and even though the board is black, there are just no tracks visible, only smudge marks by the looks of it... As the 536 is closer to the cam, so the image quality should be better than the motherboard not worse.. But also why smudge the numbers off the PLD anyway..

Aside from the motherboard he may well have cloned the 536,but in this particular case it really makes me wonder if this just wasn't photo shopped right from the start... If he did have the capabilities of cloning boards, maybe he was just testing the market before spending the time actually reverse engineering... But in any case, the black 536 should have evidence of tracks on there, and I don't think it is down to the angle of the cam or picture compression that would result in such of smudge marks right over the board, it doesn't add up to me..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
lopezpb

Post by lopezpb »

I don't want to believe the leak from JLCPCB, the most likely is simply a fraud attempt and the guest did not have and will have no PCBs. He was just trying to get the cash and disappear.
kamil.szarmach

Post by kamil.szarmach »

It looks like it's good, old scam. Guy ordered few legit boards from exxos, got some cpus, made few ready to use boards. Started selling hem to get few possitive feedbacks. Then he wanted to get easy cash and offered things that he didnt own. Like pirated TF536, ready to use Matze 4060 card with CPU... etc. Data of seller are probably fake/some homeless person used. The only hope is to follow his transactions on amibay.
There is lot of retro scammers in Poland currently as price went crazy during COVID situation and they just adapted.
Phone number used on this https://allegrolokalnie.pl/oferta/tk-a4 ... owosc-2020 is owned but company... building housing estate.
So TF - you probably saved a lot of retro enthusiasts from Poland and in reality nobody cloned your stuff. It is just pure scam and i hope that guy responsible for that gonna jail soon.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”