End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

kamil.szarmach

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by kamil.szarmach »

Sooooo.... TF... Are you coming back to Ami scene? ;) As you can see - most of amiga users backs you up :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kamil.szarmach wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:43 pm Sooooo.... TF... Are you coming back to Ami scene? ;) As you can see - most of amiga users backs you up :)
Honestly i think my original statement stands. I am going to do less.. more of other platforms and focus on local user groups more.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
JackTheKnife

Post by JackTheKnife »

So there is still a hope ;) Even MJ said he will not return and he came back :D
RokiS

Post by RokiS »

Don't give up on us, just like we don't give up on you. There are still people willing to buy your amazing current and future Amiga projects (I am one of them)
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Will back you up anyway I can TF.
ErinW

Post by ErinW »

I'm annoyed for you @terriblefire and for everyone here who has invested so much time & effort into these projects. I hate to see the actions of one (presumed) person ruin it for you & the community. :(
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I have thought about a few things and i have come up with a "wind down" strategy. Hopefully it will keep everyone happy.

TF360 will get produced by supaduper and alenppc only (unless someone can make a great case to me). I dont think there are masses of demand for this and almost none in, lets call them, problematic countries. CD32 people have waited patiently.

TF1260... Chucky/AlenPPC and Supaduper will have options to sell these in built form only. They decide who to sell to.

TF536... Rev2 will be on sale via AlenPPC and Exxos until they exhaust themselves or demand then I will offer the gerbers to AmigaStore.eu to continue producing them in built form. We had offered to some polish builders to build them but even they have become sick of the end users.

I will make a new TF536 rev3 which will work on Atari only, be incompatible with rev2 firmwares and be a platform for supporting H5 and my future atari development plans going forward.

CD32 riser... i will continue to work on this and will keep it open source. I dont expect to sell it myself.

Asside from the CD32 riser no longer any commitment to open source of any kind just because I dont want to spend time tidying up my sources to publish them. I probably will one day publish but dont ask when.

I wash my hands of all sales accept donations from the sellers only if they make sales and feel they want to. Probably Chucky will pay me in retard beers.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Danoo

Post by Danoo »

All good news :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

Danoo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:59 amAll good news :)
Not for me :(

It is what it is though, at least people have access to built boards.
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

It's sad that one idiot cloning a board has caused all of this =/ Will really miss the streams too! Glad to see some kind of continuation plan at the very least! =(
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”