End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Locked
RokiS
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by RokiS » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 am

That's good news :D
I think that's a good way out of this situation.

User avatar
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:12 am
Location: Germany

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by 8 Bit Dreams » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:44 am

If someone needs A1200 connectors - let me know, offer them for the price ive paid. Have 100 pieces
Retro computer repair & hardware in Germany

trixster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by trixster » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:13 am

I hope you'll consider doing some more live-streams, Stephen, as it's really interesting to see what you're up to (and listen to scottish rock in the background!)

Andy

User avatar
arkadiusz.makarenko
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 am
Location: Edinburgh

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 am

@terriblefire

Could you explain purple screen fix one day?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 3476
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK
Contact:

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by terriblefire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:21 am

trixster wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:13 am
I hope you'll consider doing some more live-streams, Stephen, as it's really interesting to see what you're up to (and listen to scottish rock in the background!)

Andy
You may have noticed that i'd only done one stream since June anyways. It was something i'd planned to wind down even before this.
———
I get cranky when asked to repeat myself.

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 3476
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK
Contact:

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by terriblefire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:21 am

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 am
@terriblefire

Could you explain purple screen fix one day?
Over a beer at the next SAUG meetup.
———
I get cranky when asked to repeat myself.

User avatar
kludge
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by kludge » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 am

I've been following your projects since the 520/530 days, and I'm sad to see what started as an open source line of affordable accelerators for people to learn from has now boiled down to something much less. Don't get me wrong; the technology is awesome and the accelerators are great, but for me, the great value of it was the open source side of things. I was really sad when the TF534 was the last board to be fully open sourced, but I found some comfort in that at least the TF536, TF330 and later boards at least would have freely available gerbers and jed:s, so that anyone could build them. For as long as the components would be available. Now the 536 has to be built NOW (if Exxos is going to produce any more boards), or the opportunity will be missed.

My plan was to buy 10-ish unpopulated PCB's to be able to build boards when I had the urge, but that's not going to happen now.

Came for the open source, stayed for the gerbers. But now? I don't know. Sorry.

I know it's your decision, and I don't carry enough weight to make you change your mind. Just thinking out loud...
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 3476
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 pm
Location: Glasgow, UK
Contact:

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by terriblefire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:44 am

kludge wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 am
I've been following your projects since the 520/530 days, and I'm sad to see what started as an open source line of affordable accelerators for people to learn from has now boiled down to something much less. Don't get me wrong; the technology is awesome and the accelerators are great, but for me, the great value of it was the open source side of things. I was really sad when the TF534 was the last board to be fully open sourced, but I found some comfort in that at least the TF536, TF330 and later boards at least would have freely available gerbers and jed:s, so that anyone could build them. For
Not to be pedantic but since April the TF330 was fully opened. Schematics, verilog.. everything. I'm sure someone has a fork of it on github somewhere.
———
I get cranky when asked to repeat myself.

User avatar
kludge
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by kludge » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:48 am

terriblefire wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:44 am
Not to be pedantic but since April the TF330 was fully opened. Schematics, verilog.. everything. I'm sure someone has a fork of it on github somewhere.
Oh, well. I’ve been quite offline during spring/summer so I missed that.
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]

adam
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by adam » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm

@kludge do not despair:)
terriblefire wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 am
I probably will one day publish but dont ask when.

Locked

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”