Wanna build a TF536 - naive questions ?

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

sampedenawa

Wanna build a TF536 - naive questions ?

Post by sampedenawa »

Hello everybody,

sorry to bother here, but I would ask a few things, hope they are not too naive.

After what happened lately, my interest was attracted into building a TF536.
So I preordered a pcb from exxos (7th batch), I ordered all needed components, and I am setting upall needed tools and bits for complete the assembling.

I have a couple questions not find answered reading the posts here (maybe I did not find them, I'm not so smart ....)

- Where can I get the (latest) binaries for the CPLD ? I checked Stephen's github but did not found other than tf536_2019_06_14_alpha.zip. Is it the right one ? People on the forum are toalking of July and August 2020 releases, so I suspect not.

- Can I flash the CPLD with a xilinx USB platform cable/interface or do I need a Raspberry flasher ?

Thanks a lot !
PhilC

Re: Wanna build a TF536 - naive questions ?

Post by PhilC »

hello @sampedenawa

The latest firmware is going to be shared in the firmware section once Exxos has opened that on the forum.

As for programming, you can do this with either the Xilinx programmer or a raspberry pi.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

PhilC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:48 pm As for programming, you can do this with either the Xilinx programmer or a raspberry pi.
I can confirm that the Digilent JTAG-HS2 works fine using xc3sprog as well :)
sampedenawa

Post by sampedenawa »

PhilC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:48 pm hello @sampedenawa

The latest firmware is going to be shared in the firmware section once Exxos has opened that on the forum.

As for programming, you can do this with either the Xilinx programmer or a raspberry pi.
agranlund wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 pm
PhilC wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:48 pm As for programming, you can do this with either the Xilinx programmer or a raspberry pi.
I can confirm that the Digilent JTAG-HS2 works fine using xcs3prog as well :)
Great, thank you !
I think I have far enough time to wait for the firmware section to be opened, before I can get the tf536 pcb in my hands :)

Return to “TF536”