WANTED - Atari original injection molds

List your Atari wares and wants here.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

WANTED - Atari original injection molds

Post by exxos »

Well, they may be out there somewhere...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WANTED - Atari original injection molds

Post by rubber_jonnie »

We live in hope...
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
DrF

Post by DrF »

If a dentist can buy up Jaguar molds maybe there's hope yet :)
Atari74user

Post by Atari74user »

DrF wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:49 pm If a dentist can buy up Jaguar molds maybe there's hope yet :)
Hahah, yeah very true! Moulds would be very nice! :lol:
AtariTOSser
Medusa Hades 060 512mb, ET4000 / MACH64 | Atari Falcon 14mb, 68882, 8gb CF, Steinberg FDI, FA8, GigaFile & CT60e | Atari Jaguar, GD, Skunkboard & Cat Box | Atari 520STFM 4mb, Exxos Booster, TOS switcher, OverScan, UltraSatan, PARCP-USB, Unicorn-USB, ICD Link 2, ADAP, ADAP II, Lynex, ADAS-ST, SoundPool MO4, Steinberg MIDEX, SMPII, Emagic Log 3, C-Lab Unitor 2, Combiner & ExPort...
sety

Post by sety »

Bradley BeST was a plastics engineer for Atari. He might know something.
Atarian Computing

Post by Atarian Computing »

sety wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:47 am Bradley BeST was a plastics engineer for Atari. He might know something.
Oh, I wasn't aware of this. That's cool.
sety

Post by sety »

This really has me thinking now. I seem to remember reading a story. IIRC it said that building a new mould for the Falcon was going to be too expensive, so they used the STF mould with slight modifications. If that's true then it probably went to C-Lab.

One person who probably would know would be Steve Cohen from Wizztronics.
zack4mac

Post by zack4mac »

This would be great for the new board
From the AtariAge forum
The Atari Factory - What happened?
Best Electronics bought out most of the Atari warehouses and they claim to have thousands of unopened/uncategorized pallets of Atari stuff. It's quite likely that they have at least some of the molds, but haven't yet found them. Considering that they've been in business for 20+ years and have only cataloged a fraction of their inventory, it's likely that some of this stuff will never be uncovered even if they do have it.
XEGS, STF/FM/E CBM 64 VC20 PET , ZX81, ZX +3 Harlequin ZXuno
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

zack4mac wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:55 pm The Atari Factory - What happened?
Best Electronics bought out most of the Atari warehouses and they claim to have thousands of unopened/uncategorized pallets of Atari stuff. It's quite likely that they have at least some of the molds, but haven't yet found them. Considering that they've been in business for 20+ years and have only cataloged a fraction of their inventory, it's likely that some of this stuff will never be uncovered even if they do have it.
Yeah, I believe he has like 2 warehouses full of unopened stuff.. its a long "debate" That he really should employ someone to help him and sort out the stuff.. but he wont.

He could have the chipset designs packaged away somewhere which have been hunted for for years.. but we probably will never know.. He may still have the molds, but we will never know :roll:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
sandord

Post by sandord »

I'd sacrifice a week of my holidays without blinking an eye, sifting through all that stuff alone would make it worthwhile.

Return to “ATARI FOR SALE & WANTED”