TF CD32 Riser

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF CD32 Riser Revision 2 Design Complete

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:31 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:19 pm My opinion on compiling cross compilers from source...

table.png
Or you can use the prebuilt docker container. :)
I did try docker. Docker installation messes with my video driver (Windows 10), and whole screen flickers like 10 times a second.
I will try on my linux laptop.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
adam

Post by adam »

Try docker on WSL2 on Win10. You do not need separate Linux box if you have Windows.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

It took me 24h to set up my linux box with right cross compilers (required are mk68k-unknown and mk68k-amigaos) , but it does work now.
It straight away explained me what is wrong with my firmware.

It is not the first time when inverted signal fried my brain. Basically I did provide 110 as gamepad id, but it is read by Amiga as 001. So providing id as 001 solves the issue.
~ Stanislaw Lem
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

And gamepad works in Syndicate (terrible controls!) and Guardians. :)
I have added additional section to clear button clicks on exiting from cd32 mode.
There is one side effect on mouse button pressed on exiting cd32 button mode (whwn mouse port is being polled) Value is being lost. I think I need preserve registers and restore them after the button read.
~ Stanislaw Lem
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

@terriblefire

As most of initial work has been done - few minor stuff to fix and initial idea would be complete.
I have been thinking about Flashfloppy support and I will continue with basic implementation just to prove that it can be done, but from practical side of things there is a problem with amount of USB ports. 2 ports is not enough 1 for keyboard and mouse and it leaves one, which would be used for gotek. No space for gamepad.
I could have a look at hub support, but this wouldn't be too pretty. There could be usb hub (MAX?) chip to extend it? But it would take me ages to write another usb stack.

There is still SDMMC controller on the chip, which could be used instead of usb sticks, or crude way of just providing floppy port to attach external gotek?
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 pm
There is still SDMMC controller on the chip, which could be used instead of usb sticks, or crude way of just providing floppy port to attach external gotek?
Yeah we could reroute the SPI interface between the CPLD and ARM to an SD card slot... since the spi port is unused?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

terriblefire wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Yeah we could reroute the SPI interface between the CPLD and ARM to an SD card slot... since the spi port is unused?
I have another question.
I need to find a way of setting up mouse sensitivity. Reduced sensitivity like I did set up is ok for most cases, but for some games it is far to sensitive (eg. Transatlantica). So I was thinking of writing a tool which would set up this variable from AmigaOS.
So my question is what address I can use for this purpose?

I have one dev boards with SDMMC port, I will play with it and see if it is reliable enough and worth the effort.

EDIT:
This game uses weird routine, like it was zeroing counters on each read. Need to investigate this how I can emulate it.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 pm So my question is what address I can use for this purpose?
It will need to be in the 24 bit address range as the plain CD32 would need to access it too.

The area BAOOOO-$BDFFFE is marked as reserved.... you could use one of those addresses.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Got 1220 battey today, and as expected rtc it doesn't keep time automatically as expected :( It would be too easy.
I even tried to add cap on vbat and ground... It must be something with config.
~ Stanislaw Lem
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Amiga is doing it... On boot it reset time and date to 01/01/78 00:00:00 for some reason... by why?
~ Stanislaw Lem

Return to “TF CD32 Riser”