TF536 + 68000 relocator and ROM board project.

Other boosters or variants.
stephen_usher

Re: TF536 + 68000 relocator and ROM board project.

Post by stephen_usher »

Anyway, here's a gratuitous glamour shot...
IMG_2107.jpg
IMG_2107.jpg (100.64 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

stephen_usher wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:38 pm According to Motorola, asserting /HALT on the 68000 makes the address and data lines go high impedance, i.e. they stop being connected to the pins electrically in effect.

Seeing as both sockets are for a 68000 compatible processor any interface logic between the socket and accelerated processor would need to follow the 68000 on the machine side of the interface.
Yes, sorry, I got that backwards. It’s the bus control lines that are still driven high. But they sound like the ones you’re switching, so no dramas.

To half answer a question you posed a couple of times, I’ve only ever treated HALT as a write line without trouble yet appearing because of it. Not sure of the ST spec itself.

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Well, 512K ROMs seem to work, however the EmuTOS snapshot from a couple of days ago crashes on a standard ST (without Alt-RAM) when it tries to go to the desktop and access 0x400000. (It puts up the hour glass and then after a while it bus errors.) Looks like a bug.

However, I think that's probably a successful test.

Seeing as the board seems to be fully operational I may well remove the CPU socket on the motherboard and solder this board directly on the motherboard perminently. This will reduce the height by approximately 5mm. That's about half the amount I need to reduce in total to get the TF536 to fit under the keyboard.
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Oops! The latest 256K image doesn't like the same thing.

If I boot holding Control down I get to the desktop but otherwise a crash trying to access 0x400000...

It's CONTROL.ACC ! Disable that and I get to the desktop. Definitely looks like an incompatability there.

Let's try the 512K ROM again... and that works.
czietz

Post by czietz »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:07 am If I boot holding Control down I get to the desktop but otherwise a crash trying to access 0x400000...
It's CONTROL.ACC ! Disable that and I get to the desktop. Definitely looks like an incompatability there.
And even a documented one:
https://github.com/emutos/emutos/blob/a ... e.txt#L166
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Ah, I see.

Unfortunately the other control panels are larger and generally don't work with memory tight games.

Anyway, I can report to the EmuTOS team that the partition scanning fix works and my UltraSATAN drives mount correctly.
DoG

Post by DoG »

Planning to test TF536 with PAK-TOS (512K)?
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I can try that, once the TF returns.

Do you have a link?
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Maybe someone can copy them over to the downloads section ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “EVERYTHING ELSE”