Ethernec drivers & NetUSBee on TT: I think I see the problem.

News,announcements,programming,fixes,game patches & discussions.

Moderator: troed

stephen_usher

Re: Ethernec drivers & NetUSBee on TT: I think I see the problem.

Post by stephen_usher »

Strangely, after all this playing UIP-tool suddenly and inexplicably can now ready the MAC address of the device reliably rather than getting all zeros! This is without touching or reseating the NetUSBee in the ROM port.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
arf

Post by arf »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 pm
arf wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:54 am PureC as a fully compatible replacement of TurboC is available online, including the assembler.
From the comments in the code, it's not a plug-in replacement at the assembler level if you want to link in external assembler routines.
Could you point to that? I switched an assembler project from TurboC assembler to PureC assembler (alongside with a small C project), and it was like changing 1 or 2 non-CPU-keywords (assembler reserved words, like "EVEN" or something like that)
--
Against signature spam!
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

arf wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 pm
stephen_usher wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 pm

From the comments in the code, it's not a plug-in replacement at the assembler level if you want to link in external assembler routines.
Could you point to that? I switched an assembler project from TurboC assembler to PureC assembler (alongside with a small C project), and it was like changing 1 or 2 non-CPU-keywords (assembler reserved words, like "EVEN" or something like that)
In the end it was a lot simpler than the code documentation suggested. It was mostly changing "TC" to "PC" in the makefile!
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
arf

Post by arf »

stephen_usher wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:55 pm
arf wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 pm Could you point to that? I switched an assembler project from TurboC assembler to PureC assembler (alongside with a small C project), and it was like changing 1 or 2 non-CPU-keywords (assembler reserved words, like "EVEN" or something like that)
In the end it was a lot simpler than the code documentation suggested. It was mostly changing "TC" to "PC" in the makefile!
Okay, so I’d conclude again, that PureC is a drop-in replacement for TurboC, for both C and its assembler. And PureProfiler’s been a great help for me, btw.
--
Against signature spam!
czietz

Post by czietz »

arf wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:38 pm Okay, so I’d conclude again, that PureC is a drop-in replacement for TurboC, for both C and its assembler.
No wonder, given that PureC is basically the same code base, i.e. TurboC's successor. Borland -- for some reason -- lost interest in Turbo C for the Atari ST, however, the code and the rights to develop it further were given/sold to Pure Software.

German article about that -- Google Translate does a reasonable job translating it to English: http://www.stcarchiv.de/stm1991/11/pure-c

Return to “SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING & DISCUSSION”