Anyone have any custom VME connectors?

Upgrade your RAM from ST to Falcon.
mrbombermillzy

Anyone have any custom VME connectors?

Post by mrbombermillzy »

For some reason, I have a TT memory card (CC-MegTT) with the connector in the wrong direction. :/ It sits 'skyward' so wont let the TT top cover on and also any SIMM modules are into the space where the PSU sits.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (122.07 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
I was wondering if anyone knew a source of, or has personally a DIN 41612C 90 degree male to female gender changer/connector?

(I know I can probably solder in a straight connector, but I would rather have the adapter for various reasons).

Many thanks guys! :)
jvas

Re: Anyone have any custom VME connectors?

Post by jvas »

Or you can desolder the connector (you should have to do it anyway), straight its pins and solder it back.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think you should get a Storm ram card, every TT owner should support these guys as they are constantly bringing out new upgrades for us. I have the Storm, Thunder IDE and USB now.
Atarian Computing

Post by Atarian Computing »

Not worth straightening the pins if you remove the connector. You'll never get 3 rows to straighten out perfectly and that's assuming none break. New connector from Digikey and you're good to go.
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

Dont worry about straightening pins: I can get the straight connector quite easily, just not the M/F right angle extenders. Was trying to avoid the soldering mainly.

And yes, I will get round to buying one of those expansions. Last time I had some spare cash they were unavailable. Ive just recently had a baby boy, so he eats all the money ATM :lol: So no new Atari stuff for me for a bit!

Was trying to make do with what I have for now.
Atarian Computing

Post by Atarian Computing »

mrbombermillzy wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:47 pm Was trying to avoid the soldering mainly.
That's funny, I look for any excuse to solder :) I love it. Must've sniffed too much flux fumes...
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

@Atarian: Despite my best efforts, Im not confident holding an iron :(
Would probably manage to make a real mess of that VME connector too :lol:

Return to “RAM UPGRADES”