TF1260 stuff

News & updates for the upcoming 68060 accelerator

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

ekalkici

Re: TF1260 stuff

Post by ekalkici »

Hello everyone and thanks to terriblefire for creating this card. I got my card from Sweden with 060 Rev5 cpu.
I read the topic and have some questions.

I got some graphic problems in Starstruck demo & Test Drive II game. Tested with two different TF1260.I made a quick video about these artifact like glitches. Anoyone tried these ? Same system with Blizzard 1260 doesn't give these problem.

Sometimes with cpuspeed command, speed doesn't change and it says 4294.97 mhz. I power off and on then it backs to normal and can set speed to 62.5 mhz. Same with two cards. Anyone have this error ?

cpuspeed.jpg
cpuspeed.jpg (41.2 KiB) Viewed 3445 times

About Cpu clock , speed = (25XN)/2 , where N can be 4-5-6-6,2-6,33-8-8,33-10. Can other values be set in firmware or these values come from hardware design and cannot be changed (If i want to set like 66 or 70 mhz clock speed ) If i change crystal to 22mhz for example i can set it to 66 mhz i think. But will doing this effect other speeds like ram etc...

Thank you again for making these cards.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

No idea.. the cpuspeed tool uses the ieee library and its rubbish IMHO. But a pure FPU built one doesnt work in LC cpus.

I've no interest in spending more time on that tool.

It looks to me like its picking up a the CRYSTAL= command when its not specified... pass.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

@ekalkici when you get the funny clock speed is that directly after a boot to no 'startup sequence' and Setpatch or after you have tried some demos? (I always run 060 demos like this).
There are some demos from a particular group that don't seem to run, then when you run the CPU speed tool you get strange numbers.
Regarding Starstruck I think on the TF360 there were some very minor glitches not as bad as what you have shown, I think they are not shown on the TF1260.
What Revision is your A1200? I am running a 2B with some timing fixes. Recapped? CF card connected to 1200 and short cable? I am running a long IDE cable to small trapdoor adaptor.
PSU good?
I will try and test Test Drive 2.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Well it says you have specified PHASE and CRYSTAL when you have not.
cpuspeed.c
(4.06 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
If anyone wants to fix it... knock yourself out.
Attachments
tfconfig.h
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 110 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

To me it looks like ReadArgs() has returned garbage.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

ekalkici wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:13 am Hello everyone and thanks to terriblefire for creating this card. I got my card from Sweden with 060 Rev5 cpu.
I read the topic and have some questions.

I got some graphic problems in Starstruck demo & Test Drive II game. Tested with two different TF1260.I made a quick video about these artifact like glitches. Anoyone tried these ? Same system with Blizzard 1260 doesn't give these problem.

I've not seen these glitches but check you are not running the blizzard 060 libraries. that might cause issues.
———
Aardvark82

Post by Aardvark82 »

Aardvark82 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:10 pm However the cpuspeed fails when the Amiga is powered via Mediator.
Sorry, false alarm. I just had to close the Config jumper on the Mediator board so that Amiga can detect the Clock Control Device at boot time.
terriblefire wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:37 pm TBH overclocking with mediator... i find the mediator is so picky... it was almost a years work to make it work at all :/
Very grateful for the time you spent in making TF1260 compatible with that quirky hardware. I previously had ACA card which turned out to be completely unusable with the Mediator, but TF1260 has been rock solid!
ekalkici

Post by ekalkici »

Thanks for answers.

higgy my board is 1D.4 . E123C and E125c doesn't exist on the board. PSU is 5V/ 4.5A A500 one. While testing no pcmcia CF card installed. HDD is short cable / adapter CF card 8gb . Before posting here i tested with different 060 libs like blizzard and suggested MMU libs. I also tested with reamiga 1200 board and pico psu and with another Tf1260. But got the same results. I'll try to test with different roms and will report again.

And one thing i want to ask about ide. With my previous card blizzard 1230 mk4 ide speed was about 2.3 mb/s . With tf1260 it's 1.6mb/s. I also managed to boot from TF1260 ide port and got 1.8 mb/s. But it wasnt stable and got some crashes in games and when try to delete files got errors. Whats your disk speeds and did you notice some downspeed. Thanks.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

ekalkici wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:16 pm Thanks for answers.

higgy my board is 1D.4 . E123C and E125c doesn't exist on the board. PSU is 5V/ 4.5A A500 one. While testing no pcmcia CF card installed. HDD is short cable / adapter CF card 8gb . Before posting here i tested with different 060 libs like blizzard and suggested MMU libs. I also tested with reamiga 1200 board and pico psu and with another Tf1260. But got the same results. I'll try to test with different roms and will report again.

And one thing i want to ask about ide. With my previous card blizzard 1230 mk4 ide speed was about 2.3 mb/s . With tf1260 it's 1.6mb/s. I also managed to boot from TF1260 ide port and got 1.8 mb/s. But it wasnt stable and got some crashes in games and when try to delete files got errors. Whats your disk speeds and did you notice some downspeed. Thanks.
PSU makes no difference to TF card.. its pure 3.3v.

I will check starstruck again later but i never saw that artifact .

The IDE release firmware gets 1.6M/s. did you not read the readme from chucky? all of the performance expectations are there.
———
ekalkici

Post by ekalkici »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:28 pm
ekalkici wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:16 pm Thanks for answers.

PSU makes no difference to TF card.. its pure 3.3v.

I will check starstruck again later but i never saw that artifact .

The IDE release firmware gets 1.6M/s. did you not read the readme from chucky? all of the performance expectations are there.
Thanks again Stephen, i read the infos there just wanted to ask here maybe to get some knowledge from another card user. One thing to ask you if i install a 33mhz crystal can i get 66mhz cpu speed by default. And will this affect other components speed on card (like rams etc..)

Return to “TF360”