Ordering the Alpha board

All information relating to the Alpha plus all the WIP threads etc.
PhilC

Re: Ordering the Alpha board

Post by PhilC »

No worries, plan P for postie it is then
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

To help with sourcing components I can help with the 13 pin monitor sockets. I have 15x of them unused I can donate to those of you getting boards. I also have 8x Midi sockets unused as well.

I am happy to donate to you guys out there that will be building boards. If Exxos is happy I could send them all to him and he can distribute with the boards, if this does not put up the postage costs for you Chris.

What I don't have is a Falcon memory board - have been looking around and there aren't many out there.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Icky wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 am To help with sourcing components I can help with the 13 pin monitor sockets. I have 15x of them unused I can donate to those of you getting boards. I also have 8x Midi sockets unused as well.

I am happy to donate to you guys out there that will be building boards. If Exxos is happy I could send them all to him and he can distribute with the boards, if this does not put up the postage costs for you Chris.

What I don't have is a Falcon memory board - have been looking around and there aren't many out there.
:bravo: Awesome way to support the project Icky :)

I'm still chasing memory boards, I've managed to get one, and have the offer of another, that like your kind offer, will be a donation.

Will chase again soon, as I don't want to upset folks by bothering them too much.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I guess the monitor sockets would be useful.. Not so sure fitting any other sockets at the moment is worthwhile, other than maybe the hard drive socket.. Ultimately all the ports need testing, but of course a not essential to getting the machine up and running..

I keep thinking about the postage costs, I think it will be better to do a separate package for additional items like the Falcon RAM card as I do not see a otherwise flat motherboard with a RAM card floating around as well.. I can't send this in a box because it is too big then :roll:

Also be some postage costs involved in obtaining the cards etc so those costs to be recovered also. So I think keeping part separate is probably much better idea even though people would actually be paying posted twice for items, if they are sent together, it could easily end up being £50+ shipping for one package. People may also want to get other parts/chips from my store as well.. I may look into adding some other parts like resistors and capacitors in a bit of a starter kit.. But again is increasing my work and costs a lot..

I was thinking about the BC337 transistor, it is more of a European part, so I am not so sure people in USA can obtain it easily or not.. Maybe from big suppliers like Mouser.. But I think generally the transistor in the USA more like the 2N2222 type parts.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I've finished tweaking the layout.. really just waiting on the final people to order one... Currently floating around 10 PCBs...

Looking towards ordering in about a weeks time, anyone not ordered by then will likely miss out as I don't plan on buying more than I need to due to costs of it all.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
IngoQ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IngoQ »

Will have to skip this one, running a little low on time at the moment... besides I just had to buy a new car for my wife, which was completely unplanned and therefore sucked immensely, so I need to keep low on my hobbies for a bit...
Ingo :geek:

| Atari 1040STE@32MHz | Amiga 1200 (ACA1220) | Atari 800XL (U1MB, SIDE2) | Atari 130XL (Sophia DVI) | C64 (1541 Ultimate II, Rev3 RFMod Replacement) | TI 99/4A (F18A, 32k, FlashROM 99) | Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128 (Stereo, DivMMC) | Amstrad CPC664 (512k, M4 Wifi) | ... |
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Thanks to Sean Bushmills on the Atari Falcon 030 users group, whose RAM card arrived with me today, I'm very grateful for his help.

I have chased other members who have offered today, and I'm waiting to hear back.

There is currently one other promised as soon as the owner gets back from holiday.

EDIT: 08/08/2018. 2 more possibles lined up :)

And another, so we're looking at another 3 boards to come.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Thanks for your help so far Jonnie :D
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
poobah

Post by poobah »

exxos wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 am I was thinking about the BC337 transistor, it is more of a European part, so I am not so sure people in USA can obtain it easily or not.. Maybe from big suppliers like Mouser.. But I think generally the transistor in the USA more like the 2N2222 type parts.
Lots of 2n2222 and 2n3904 in my parts box
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

poobah wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:23 pm Lots of 2n2222 and 2n3904 in my parts box
Not using them, was redesigned ages ago.. might still work , not much difference in them.. have you seen pre-ordering has been going a week now ?

Return to “ALPHA DEVELOPMENT INFO”