Declaring interest in REV G board.

New sub forum for version 2 of the STF remake board.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Declaring interest in REV G board.

Post by exxos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:05 pm

As mentioned in the other thread some people want to spend of the boards done with all the current fixes. This basically is the REV G board. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1230

Though as discussed in this thread, there would likely be a few other changes as well..viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1419#p15328

As mentioned in the other thread, this board still needs a lot of work to be done yet, so we could literally be looking around 3-6 months before it sees the light of day.

20 PCB's run would likely cost about £40 per board. I don't think it will be any higher cost wise, but its hard to exactly tell at this point.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Forgottenmyname
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Re: Declaring interest in REV G board.

Post by Forgottenmyname » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:08 pm

With the other fixes you've talked about, I'd have two please.

PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by PaulJ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:31 pm

exxos wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:05 pm
As mentioned in the other thread some people want to spend of the boards done with all the current fixes. This basically is the REV G board. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1230

Though as discussed in this thread, there would likely be a few other changes as well..viewtopic.php?f=73&t=1419#p15328

As mentioned in the other thread, this board still needs a lot of work to be done yet, so we could literally be looking around 3-6 months before it sees the light of day.

20 PCB's run would likely cost about £40 per board. I don't think it will be any higher cost wise, but its hard to exactly tell at this point.
Exxos, I'll commit to a couple. Maybe more. I believe I could make a mouser parts list since I ordered most of the parts for the current board from them. Maybe there's a capability to upload a parts list? This would be a good intermediate step since the next board will once again be a prototype and require some unfit*kit boards as well as debug.

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 pm

PaulJ wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:31 pm
I believe I could make a mouser parts list since I ordered most of the parts for the current board from them. Maybe there's a capability to upload a parts list?
Yes by all means do that.. Parts list can be done with the "code" button, or uploaded as a text file (or zipped file) if neither work I will have to change the forum permissions the file attachments..
PaulJ wrote:
This would be a good intermediate step since the next board will once again be a prototype and require some unfit*kit boards as well as debug.
I am hoping it won't need any un-f*ck boards..

But like I said, the REV G schematic does still need checking to make sure all the modifications are actually done and done correctly..

Updating the schematic with other changes should not really take that long.. ( I could probably do this some point before xmas, though I'm getting busy with my day job at the moment, so my free time is currently going down)

I may actually spin that as a REV H and should have the video DAC on it etc.. The REV G was literally just the current board with all the fixes.. So new changes should probably be a REV H.. In any case it doesn't really matter I guess... But in any case, the parts list will be slightly different in the REV H.. There will be no RGB driver section for example.
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by PaulJ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:46 pm

exxos wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 pm
PaulJ wrote:
I believe I could make a mouser parts list since I ordered most of the parts for the current board from them. Maybe there's a capability to upload a parts list?
Yes by all means do that.. Parts list can be done with the "code" button, or uploaded as a text file (or zipped file) if neither work I will have to change the forum permissions the file attachments..
PaulJ wrote:
This would be a good intermediate step since the next board will once again be a prototype and require some unfit*kit boards as well as debug.
I am hoping it won't need any un-f*ck boards..

But like I said, the REV G schematic does still need checking to make sure all the modifications are actually done and done correctly..

Updating the schematic with other changes should not really take that long.. ( I could probably do this some point before xmas, though I'm getting busy with my day job at the moment, so my free time is currently going down)

I may actually spin that as a REV H and should have the video DAC on it etc.. The REV G was literally just the current board with all the fixes.. So new changes should probably be a REV H.. In any case it doesn't really matter I guess... But in any case, the parts list will be slightly different in the REV H.. There will be no RGB driver section for example.
Exxos, I'll work on a preliminary mouser parts list and finalize when you have a layout. Let me know when you have the layout and I will check the changes to hopefully catch any issues before you spin the boards.

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:19 pm

REV G so far..

I actually repositioned the connectors, but after the un-f*ck changes some of them moved, so I need to relocate them again.. but in theory the PSU & floppy holes *should* pretty close now, at least as best as I can get them without having the PCB made.

Of course the midi connectors and cartridges locations should be fixed as pre REV G changes... viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1230

Of course there has been other stuff added like missing resistors and mono buffer since (parts looking out of place) ...

1.png
1.png (1.64 MiB) Viewed 130 times

rpineau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rpineau » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 pm

What I do to check for hole and connector is to print it on paper (probably multi-page in this case) .. a lot cheaper than getting PCBs made and realizing the hole are not where they should be :)
Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:13 pm

rpineau wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 pm
What I do to check for hole and connector is to print it on paper (probably multi-page in this case) .. a lot cheaper than getting PCBs made and realizing the hole are not where they should be :)
Yeah that's what I been doing. Did take like 30 sheets to to the PSU holes.

kodak80

Post by kodak80 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:33 pm

I would be up for two
Atari Falcon 030 | Atari 1040 STE | Atari 1040 STFM | Atari 1040 STF | Kryoflux & Supercard Pro Flux boards
Admin of Atari ST Review Magazine Archive: http://www.ataristreview.com

PaulJ
Trusted Guru
Trusted Guru

Post by PaulJ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:05 am

I'll check the fixes on the original board against the rev G schematic.