The real life of a printer toner

Atari talk, or the life and the universe and things. Just keep it clean!
DrF

Re: The real life of a printer toner

Post by DrF » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am

exxos wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:54 pm
Should that be in the kitchen ? :lol:
She can't find it out there, I'm hoping natural wind erosion
will help me out here, i popped the cap off it all fell out there has to be a few 100g there at least. Shows how much is wasted, better yet how big this waste compartment? :shock: To be fair this is at refill 4 so :lol:

I did consider making a vacuum add on to recover the toner and reuse it, then I figured my carbon footprint already well off the charts by this point so :lol:

DrF

Post by DrF » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:57 am

Little update before I forget :lol:

The colour laser the Dell/Xerox contraption, I saw some orig OEM carts on eBay for £2 free post and since I only needed a yellow this time (I print a lot of sun flowers) I got 2, however :lol:

Its already low in under a month, I thought that was odd, turns out the compatible carts are based off the high yield toners 1400 pages and the standard OEM carts are rated for 700 pages, so in this case the OEM was equal in cost to a cheapo compatible :shock:

So I assume the starter carts which have there own part number again have a even lower page count :o

DrF

Post by DrF » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:28 am

Turning my attention to the colour laser now, I've seen loads of people manage to read various chips and just write a full dump back to them, it must be possible there's machines that reset these and reprogram, of course there's not alot of info on my actual printer or chips, I did however find that there are different flashes for this chip depending on model and if Dell or Xerox so im guessing the chip is pretty generic and only differs in its programming, so we got a start :D
dell.jpg
dell.jpg (34.61 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
DE = Dell
1250 = model
Y = Yellow

I found someone flash a black to the yellow on a YouTube Video/forum post and it worked, but it did not mention much else.
I found some Russian site selling firmwares for the actual printer the Xerox version which ignored counters and toner levels.

I'll keep going :lol:

DrF

Post by DrF » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:51 pm

Here's a old toner I kept that died after a good 7/8000 pages, I think the waste overflowed it was making a right mess, thought I dissect it and have a look, the amount of toner that came out of it was a bit too much :lol:
Wonder if I clean it up will it work again?
toner.jpg
toner.jpg (33.85 KiB) Viewed 829 times

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/exxosuk

Post by exxos » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Yeah clean it ;)
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

DrF

Post by DrF » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:47 am

The new champion toner needs retiring broke all previous records and was still going I lost count at about 15k pages on this one :p
Prints with stuff near the edge missing, I think if I scaled the prints down to 90% missing the edges we could get some more out of this bad boy yet, with a clean :p

Now about the brand new out the box never refilled toner I put in just that failed after 30 pages :/
1.jpg
1.jpg (28.62 KiB) Viewed 513 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (21.18 KiB) Viewed 513 times

DrF

Post by DrF » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:27 am

Not had a update in a while, had to change roller and pick up in laserjet as it was jamming every other page... it still jams not was much :lol:

New and old roller, the old ones worn smooth.
1.jpg
1.jpg (11.97 KiB) Viewed 265 times
New roller has some kind of texture, still crap
2.jpg
2.jpg (14.45 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Old roller has a kind of groove worn into it now, tried moving the rubber around the thing, would work for a bit and then jam again constantly.
3.jpg
3.jpg (14.51 KiB) Viewed 265 times

Return to “CHAT FORUM”