PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)

Blogs & guides and tales of woo by forum members.
PhilC

Re: PhilCs blog / the latest things hes broken(fixed)

Post by PhilC »

Icky wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:15 pm
No ungratefulness taken :) - Its what started you on this LA journey :), my job is done.
I'll have to be careful the next time I visit you, so I dont get any other ideas then. At least not until I've learnt this one first :lol: :thanksyellow:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

That reminds me @PhilC how is the CPC464 :)
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@Icky it's still sat in its box, waiting to be tinkered with. I need to

The wife has filled the geek room full of other random stuff at the moment during the Christmas holiday. I need to get my geek space back.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

First job of the evening was to change the RTC battery in the logic analyzer. Doing this did give me a good opportunity to have a poke around inside. Considering how old it is, theres next to no dust inside, so either its hardly been used or it's been well looked after, so that's a bonus.

Still got to learn how to use it properly. I was testing it out by putting one of the probes on /reset and another on the 8mhz clock signal on my H4. I think I've got the sample speed a little high :lol: it ran out of memory before doing a complete 1hz sample of the oscillator. Best look that bit up next.

Once I've got it all set slow enough for my H4 I'll post a few screenshots. Itll also output to postscript files too, so just need to work out how to convert those to a useful format.

Still, I'm pretty happy all things considered.

Must also get the last of the resistors in place on my second H4 and get that ip and running. Maybe Tomorrow?
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

How about this site for the PS conversion? https://www.ps2pdf.com/
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

stephen_usher wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 am How about this site for the PS conversion? https://www.ps2pdf.com/
Thanks, will have a look when I get home.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PhilC wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:52 pm @Icky it's still sat in its box, waiting to be tinkered with. I need to

The wife has filled the geek room full of other random stuff at the moment during the Christmas holiday. I need to get my geek space back.
I have avoided that particular problem by having my man cave up stairs so steep my wife never goes up there, let alone to take stuff up :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Kieran Stephenson

Post by Kieran Stephenson »

stephen_usher wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 am How about this site for the PS conversion? https://www.ps2pdf.com/
OMG! I wish I'd known about this site before. Awesome still
Learning all my life
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

rubber_jonnie wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 am
PhilC wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:52 pm @Icky it's still sat in its box, waiting to be tinkered with. I need to

I have avoided that particular problem by having my man cave up stairs so steep my wife never goes up there, let alone to take stuff up :)
You sur, are a very wise man. :lol:
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

PhilC wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:50 pm
rubber_jonnie wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 am

You sur, are a very wise man. :lol:
You must protect what is sacred to you :)
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...

Return to “MEMBER BLOGS”