STFM case remake

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
Icky

Re: STFM case remake

Post by Icky » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 pm

@rmahlert - progress on the Giant Panda and Case is a bit slow. Time and remaking some of the Giant Panda parts to make it stronger has been getting in the way.

Yes I had printed a backplane to get a feel for a bigger print. Once I get the new parts on the printer I will try and do a bottom case print to see how it goes.

Good luck with your build. I would make sure the long spans are very rigid and might need strengthening to reduce bowing.

rmahlert

Re: STFM case remake

Post by rmahlert » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Icky wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 pm
@rmahlert - progress on the Giant Panda and Case is a bit slow. Time and remaking some of the Giant Panda parts to make it stronger has been getting in the way.

Yes I had printed a backplane to get a feel for a bigger print. Once I get the new parts on the printer I will try and do a bottom case print to see how it goes.

Good luck with your build. I would make sure the long spans are very rigid and might need strengthening to reduce bowing.

Thanks Icky..

I bought 12mm for the Y axis, hoping that will be strong enough. If I ever get them! Shipped at the end of December, from Wuhan!! hmm.. wonder why it's been slow getting here???? Everything else I order the same day from other AliExpress stores arrived within 2 weeks.

I'd love to build something similar to your Panda. But, the extruded aluminium isn't a normal item here in the US.

Rob

Return to “3D MODELS”