One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

New user? Tell us about yourself!
winner61

One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

Post by winner61 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello there. Recently I picked up my old love for Atari. I own a 1040STf since the beginning of 1987 and was busy with graphics and music. Offcourse a few games like chuckie egg were also fun. In '91 I was in a business with a friend of mine and we bought a TT and put in a mighty mic and a graphic card. I did a lot of graphic word in Calamus and Outline Art. Mostly for small adds. We hosted a commercial BBS then, just before the Internet started for the common people. Just a few weeks back I bought an STe with 4MB but unfortunately a French TOS. All the mentioned Atari's I still have. I like making things work and this is one of my favourite hobbies next to the IT work I do for several company's. I will post a question about my STe project where some things went wrong :roll: . Next to that I hope to be of help for questions that I can answer. If I think of more I like to put here I will.
Greetz to all.

Winfryd.

exxos
Site Admin

Re: One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

Post by exxos » Thu May 24, 2018 1:16 pm

:welcomewave:

So what kind of graphics and music did you work on back in the day, what programs did you use ?

I hope you will find a lot of good info on here, we are always keen to hear about users successes or horror stories, they will always help someone else in the future!
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

winner61

Re: One more Dutchie from Amsterdam

Post by winner61 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks Exxos. In Calamus I created adds for Computermagazines, Outline Art for the special Graphic work which I used in Calamus to pimp the Adds. This was all in the first half of the 90's. I withdrew from the company in 97. In the second half of the 80's I did a lot of videowork for local television. I used Cyberpaint to make Titles and if neccesary sub-titles. In music I helped out friends who went to art-school/academy and created soundeffects and animations. Often I used Cyberpaint, Steinberg-24 and later Creator. I play some piano and freaked out a lot with synthesizers 8-) . More programs I used were Cranach, Spectrum, ZZ-Rouch, Retouche, Degellite, GFA Raytrace, Superbase Pro, ST-Boekhouden (accounting), 1st Word, Signum, also games like Larry, Falcon, Chuckie and others. Now I sum them up I really have to look in to some of them to see how it actually looks now. :shock:
Hope I find enough time to spend with my atari's and find some use for them again.
Cheers! :dualthumbup: