TT stock benchmarks

Benchmark screenshots for various boosters & machines.
rpineau
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TT stock benchmarks

Post by rpineau » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Working ones : MegaSTE (68020) / TT030 / Falcon with AB040 & Eclipse / 1040STF
Need testing : Falcon with CT2

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:21 am

tuxie wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:28 pm
Ok then I have a other value in my mind because my bus has a higher speed. Then all is fine
Hey Tuxie, my TT struggles when using 16bit colour on my Mach64. The graphics card seems to be fine and fast at displaying things, it's just background stuff like opening or loading apps takes a hit. I am thinking that the graphics card is hogging the bus? Hopefully I can get your accelerator to fix this :)
Falcon ct60e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64 2mb // Atari STM 4160 - 4MB ram - 16Mhz exxos 1.5 booster - Ultrasatan

Icky

Post by Icky » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:32 am

Steve wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:21 am
tuxie wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:28 pm
Ok then I have a other value in my mind because my bus has a higher speed. Then all is fine
Hey Tuxie, my TT struggles when using 16bit colour on my Mach64. The graphics card seems to be fine and fast at displaying things, it's just background stuff like opening or loading apps takes a hit. I am thinking that the graphics card is hogging the bus? Hopefully I can get your accelerator to fix this :)
Hi Steve

Interesting issue. I have not seen that personally with my Mach64 but I guess it could be me not paying attention.

One thought - I wonder if the VME fix to save 1 clock cycle per transfer would improve this?

Atarian Computing has a good guide on this http://www.atariancomputing.com/blog/tt ... keitfaster

I haven't plucked up the courage to tackle the fix on my TT yet as its a bit precious to me and I need a lot of spare time to make sure I get it right and time is a rare commodity :)

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Icky wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:32 am
Steve wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:21 am

Hi Steve

Interesting issue. I have not seen that personally with my Mach64 but I guess it could be me not paying attention.

One thought - I wonder if the VME fix to save 1 clock cycle per transfer would improve this?

Atarian Computing has a good guide on this http://www.atariancomputing.com/blog/tt ... keitfaster

I haven't plucked up the courage to tackle the fix on my TT yet as its a bit precious to me and I need a lot of spare time to make sure I get it right and time is a rare commodity :)
Thanks for the advice, but I think my TT already has that done. I don't know if you run Mint, but a good test is to see how fast the xaaes/teradesk desktop comes up. In 16bit colour it takes about 30 seconds for the desktop to appear, in 256 colours its instantaneous.
Falcon ct60e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64 2mb // Atari STM 4160 - 4MB ram - 16Mhz exxos 1.5 booster - Ultrasatan

tuxie

Post by tuxie » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:30 pm

What i saw in the past is that the Nova is faster with higher Color settings because sometimes the CPU has to recaculate the color depth