Turrican 1&2 not working with 4mb STE, TOS 1.62UK & CosmosEx

News,announcements,programming,fixes,game patches & discussions.

Moderator: Petari

Gargoyle

Re: Turrican 1&2 not working with 4mb STE, TOS 1.62UK & CosmosEx

Post by Gargoyle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:26 am

Cheers for checking, so that again helps isolate what this could be. It does look more and more like a CosmosEx issue, or a hardware issue with the STE. Either way, the machine I've got works well for most other things I try with CosmosEx and several methods I try to get things running, so I can't complain really! Peter's utility to load in MSA's by double-click is really handy too.

Petari
Software Moderator
Software Moderator

Post by Petari » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 am

OK, it was not mentioned in first post that joystick works via CE. Now it seems as CE problem rather. To isolate it, need to try with real ST joystick connected to 9 pin con. of STE. Emulating Atari ST IKBD chip is certainly not simple task.
There is 2 kind of people: one thinking about moving to Mars after here becomes too bad, the others thinking about how to keep this planet habitable.

Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:45 am

Yes, sorry I should have made that clearer at the start! I am wondering if it is a CosmosEx issue too. My STE is inside of a drawer with cables poking out everywhere, so will have to remove it carefully and put it down on the table to plug in a joystick sometime. It sounds odd I know, but it works well for me because when I'm finished for the weekend I just unplug the various cables, put them in the drawer and close it to keep it tidy and out of sight during the day/week. Will get back to you when I get around to doing this (busy coding new game atm).